1. ProsonicLive

ProsonicLive Senior Member

Idea bounce

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by ProsonicLive, May 27, 2013.

I am a blues guitarist and my friends and I play riffs and bounce and borrow Ideas we have off of each other.
    As an author, if you have any Ideas you feel are good and will not use, feel free to share them here. keep in mind, share only those you would give permission for another author to publish
    maybe it is an Idea that you tried out and for whatever reason, it did not work out. keep it rather brief, but long enough to get the whole idea across. again, don't use anything you might use or will regret not using. I think this practice will bring better stories out altogether and also create a sense of continuity with our community and kinship with fellow writers

(MC) has taken down a corrupt presidency affecting the entire whitehouse like a virus. His name is everywhere and now he must go into hiding, a skill he is VERY good at.
    He had thought that most everything had gone back to normal when an old friend from the agency contacts him and confirms the old symptoms of the same corruption is there. But what he finds is that this was just the beginning of layer after layer after layer of an evil plot that was made thousands of years ago. a plot so large, That its depths of corruption may transcend the human race itself.

1 person likes this.
  2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Writers come up with their own ideas. Also, your imagination will serve you better whe n you rely on it, and not on others to feed you ideas.

3. blackstar21595

blackstar21595 Contributing Member

I agreed with this. The hell is the point in being a writer if you need people to feed you ideas?

4. ProsonicLive

I can assure you I have my own ideas. But I do advocate the free exchange of ideas to those stuck in a rut. If you did not have an Idea you wished to share, you are not obligated to post one. I have no problem helping anyone with ideas they may turn to their own if it helps to kick start other Ideas.

5. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

I also think that even when you ignore Cogito's point (which does still stand), most, if not all, writers don't want to share their ideas: I certainly wouldn't. It doesn't matter if you think an idea you write down isn't for you; maybe five years down the line you'll be able to use it, or fuse it with another idea. It's a nice concept, but it just won't work.

6. ProsonicLive

That I can accept, However, those who wish to have that option.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You're missing the point. Feeding you ideas would be doing you no favor. It would hold you back. Depend on your own imagination and no one else's. That is how you develop imagination and confidence.

8. Isaiah JS

Isaiah JS Member

Ever heard of a prompt? Maybe it's not the best way to write something you truly care about, but it's a good way to keep yourself sharp if you can't think of anything to write about.

9. alogan

alogan New Member

While I do not think anyone should take someone else's idea and use it as their own, I believe ideas from other people can be a source of inspiration for creating your own.

10. Rebel Yellow

Rebel Yellow Active Member

Could you expand on that prompt idea? English is not my first language, so I am not familiar with the concept.

11. Michael O

Michael O Contributing Member

Pretty sure that kumbaya feeling you're writing about works best if everyone sings in their own pants. At least that's my two-cent idea so feel free to use it.

12. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Writing prompts are websites, books, or even people that give you quick story ideas so you can write everyday, even if your mind is blank. These ideas can turn into something larger like a full-blown novel, or you may write a paragraph and feel it's not for you. Something like this: http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-writ.php