1. Zelda13

Zelda13 New Member

My first appeal to the public...

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Zelda13, May 25, 2008.

Without giving anyone too much information on this latest project I'm working on; basically my main character is what most would call a little unbalanced with her most extreme habit being kleptomania. I've got all my characters defined (kinda) and have introduced the settings and the like but I'm having trouble coming up with a climax for the story that hasn't been done before.
    I don't want to go over the top with murder, arson or anything like that; but something that makes the reader think "Ok, this girl needs to be put away for a while...".
    Her personality is seemingly reserved, kind, friendly yadda yadda typical nice girl while on the flip side she's one scheming little (insert profanity here)
    Any ideas would be mooooore than welcome :redface:

2. Al B

Al B New Member

The obvious thing to do is have her take something which results in her getting more than she bargained for. Now, you don't want to do the obvious, so its only the obvious thing to do with your character. What the upshot of her actions are, is where you can be inventive and therefore not obvious.

It could be as simple as her taking something which upsets a friend, ruins a friendship and she gets sectioned as a result, to her taking a briefcase from a secret agent and risking becoming entagled in a web of danger and conspiracy if she isn't slammed up for a while for her own protection.

Al