1. danHQ

danHQ New Member

Need an idea.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by danHQ, Jan 3, 2007.

On my latest novel, i'm stuck on what to do.

There's a 14 year old, his mum dead and dad on the run, on the run from the police, with a loaded Gun, a knife used for the murder of his mum, and he's coated in blood from his mum.

What to do, what to do?

2. Rueso

Rueso New Member

A little characture growth might be a good place to start looking for new ideas.

Perhaps he finds out that one or both of his parents aren't his real parents, that he's adopted or one of his parents remarried when he was too young to remember. Somehow the whole story, the father's motives or whatever connect back to his real mother/father/parents.

Maybe his real father is a cop on the case, or perhaps a Columbian drug dealor instead.

Maybe it turns out the (step)father really didn't kill the mother, but was instead chasing the killer, who was his real father, or even his real mother.

All sorts of possibilities here....

3. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    How close was he to his Mom?
    Now would be a good time to show his grief. Does he want instant red hot revenge? Will he cry over the dead body? Flashbacks? Does he think she was a horrible person and wants to dance on her grave? Does he look for clues? Try to save her life, even though she's dead (Bandaging the wound, calling 911 and telling them to hurry, etc)

This could all be a great way to develop the character, and each reaction could lead to very different plot ideas.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'd suggest a shower and a change of clothes, for starters!

see my reply to your other post for other problems you'll have with this scenario... not to mention the subect of us extradition treaties with colombia for capital crimes, re your 'police at the airport' bit...

i suggest you do the requisite research before going any further with your plot idea... you may find it's unworkable as is and needs some redirection...