If you could go back in time what would you change?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jack, Sep 27, 2009.

1. concreteangel16

concreteangel16 New Member

Thought long and hard...

Dang diggity :p this really gets the mind thinking...

2. concreteangel16

Thought long and hard...

Dang diggity :p this really gets the mind thinking...
    I've come to the conclusion I would go back and change the origanal writing of the Constitution and give everybody the rights they deserve. Think about it if we abolished slavery then we wouldn't have the Civil War and if women had their rights there would have been any problem with the suffrage movement. Could have saved the nation a whole lot of blood sweat and tears over the many generations.

3. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

the problem with that is that youre imposing 21st century morals onto the minds of 18th cent people, what makes you think all the wealthy landowners there would sign such a piece of paper?

4. concreteangel16

Tu-che

Very very true. We'll it's one thing I would change never said we needed a plan of action.lol :p. I suppose I would have to start a movement for freedom and rights earlier than everybody else. Then we can have all the trouble at once and not destroying societies later. :]

5. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

I believe I read somewhere about every moment of time being splintered into countless tangents, so even if one could change something, there is no guarantee you would affect the intended future if at all. Where is Albert E. to explain all of this to us mere mortals?

6. Kas

Kas New Member

I wouldn't change anything.

The only way for humans to survive and continue to evolve for any great length of time is to learn from past mistakes. True, we continue to repeat tragic history despite our knowledge, but one can always hope that such universal stupidity is only a temporary human condition. A babysitting time traveller would only ensure that it is permanent.

If you managed to avert a major conflict/catastrophe, the same kind of thing would inevitably happen somewhere else, or in another time. . perhaps on a larger scale. What would happen if we developed nukes without first learning some lessons in diplomacy, tactics, caution and restraint, reward vs consequence, etc.?

It's only thanks to learned caution and reasoning abilities that prophecies of apocalypse haven't been self-fulfilling (yet). . .

7. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

Have Toronto Maple Leafs starting goalie Vesa Toskala take up a profession more suitable to his talents. For example, ditch digger. He's an expert at digging holes his team cannot possibly climb out of.