1. ancientdragon48

ancientdragon48 New Member

If You Fall Down a Rabbit Hole, Do Narnians Help You Destroy The Ring?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ancientdragon48, Dec 25, 2015.

Hey All,

Friends call me Lizard. I'm a late night sort of writer who enjoys Urban Fantasy and Steampunk....though duck and cover if Anne Rice, RL Stein or Stephen King end up on sale because I'm there. I have a sweet tooth when it comes to dark fiction and mystery.

My favorite time of year is Halloween, mostly because Hello Costumes! Autumn in general thrills me. Inside a spark starts and suddenly my mind is alive with words. I love the crisp air, the orange leaves and the sinister foggy presence that makes the perfect set for a zombie apocalypse.

My favorite colors are green and brown. I'm a Leo....

I love Fleetwood Mac and Cher, my muses. My favorite tv shows are Criminal Minds, Once Upon a Time, American Horror Story, and Sherlock, well ok those are the favorites at this time. My taste in tv shows changes waaaay too often. I love good Anime movies like Howl's Moving castle, very well done. Love the Labyrinth, Storyteller and Willow. Basically anything Jim Henson or Brian Froud production had a hand in.

Favorite Authors...listed a few but I also scream like a high school fan girl over the works of J.K Rowling, Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. Also adore CS Lewis and Tolkien.

I love owls and cats and my favorite weather is raining. You'll find me in my favorite robe with a good book. Now pass the tea and pull up an arm chair, lets talk writing!

2. Villainova97

Villainova97 New Member

Hey there Lizard, nice to meet you! I also enjoy R.L. Stine, especially his "give yourself goosebumps" series.

P.S., have you ever read Dantes Inferno? It's a tricky read, but there are many translations out there that can help you understand the story. If you're into dark fiction/fantasy, I would highly recommend it!

3. Jaiden

Jaiden Member

Holy shit I think I owned (at one point) every single published goosebumps book when I was a whole lot younger. Not a clue if any of them would stand the test of time (it's been about fifteen years aha), but I whole-heartedly agree with RL Stine and Stephen King being fantastic. I'm probably as new as you are, but welcome to the forum nonetheless!

4. ancientdragon48

ancientdragon48 New Member

Well Gentlemen, I'm currently curled up in a snug robe listening to the down pour out my window well watching Blood and Chocolate (creative juices are at work here) and I thought I'd stop in to see how my post was doing. Beyond flattered you both responded.

Villainova97 Dante's Inferno is so beautifully written. The taste of the words on my tongue is as savory as a sweet wine. Can you believe they don't read it in class rooms anymore? For shame! I do indeed enjoy that it has been translated and explained for all ages.

Jaiden! Every single one! Good for you. Hey even if they didn't survive, the good memories always do. Late night reading with a flash light, under the covers, well you try to tell yourself that the noise out your window was simply the wind? Oh yeah, been there. Yippie for newness and an even bigger hurrah for being a King fan. My Father got to see his house on a business trip not too long ago...Jealous? Oh yes sir I am. The town alone is a scene from a horror story.