1. MatrixGravity

MatrixGravity Member

"illusory love life"

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by MatrixGravity, Jun 14, 2011.

Does that phrase make any sense? "I have an illusory love life." Would that mean having a love life that's faux, non-existent and just an illusion? Like... I don't really talk about myself personally here but thats what Im trying to describe my current love life as. The only feelings I seem to have anymore are for women I can't be with, who are unattainable.

(Certain celebs I'm really fond of in this case.) And I'm trying to say my love life is an illusion so would 'illusory love life' be appropriate in this situation? Or how would you say it?

2. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

An "illusory love life" would be, essentially, you believing you actually had a love life when you didn't. It would be an illusion, yes. As in, you might even believe that your crush loved you back.

However, from the sounds of what you've said there, you don't have a love life at all to speak of, and you know it, so why would you even want to call it illusory? That just makes you look delusional.

3. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

I would say that is not an illusion because you know exactly what's what. You are not delusional in any way.

I think the word that escapes you; is fantasy.

4. MatrixGravity

MatrixGravity Member

Thank you.

5. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I wouldn't necessarily say you're delusional, as many people have celebrity crushes. And that's what you're referring to, right? In the OP you say the only women you're attracted to are celeb women who'll never be attainable...trust me, lots of people are that way. That's why guys have posters of people like Megan Fox and Jessica Alba in their rooms....

But yeah. Just because you don't currently like (in a romance way) girls actually in your life right now, doesn't mean there's something wrong. Sometimes you'll have a crush on someone and sometimes you won't. If you want to like a girl, try joining some organizations where you'd be likely to meet girls who share your interests.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

yes, it makes sense... and has a nice, original look/sound to it...