1. Cain

Cain Member

Somehow I'm rating threads accidentally?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Cain, Jul 3, 2011.

I was looking at my subscribed list of threads and saw that a few had 5 star ratings (some of the quite ordinary threads, so I was surprised to see a rating).

When I went to the thread I saw that it was me that had given the rating. I've no idea how though. I hadn't gone anywhere near the ratings. I couldn't see a way of removing it either.

Is it just me? I'm using firefox 5.0 which probably isn't that unusual.

At least it's 5 stars and not 1 star...

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Good question. We've been annoyed previously by ratings apperaing on threads that made no sense, and assumed it was someone with a strange sense of humor. We never considered that it could be a browser side effect.

3. Cain

Cain Member

I can't figure it out. It hasn't happened to this thread. I'll keep an eye out for when it happens - I had thought it was when I was browsing with my phone, but there was a thread this morning that got a rating, and I'd only just posted it (on my desktop machine).

4. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

If anyone else has experienced this, please chime in. Thank you.

5. Cain

Cain Member

lol - it just happened! I came to this thread from my list of subscribed threads (that's the page I have bookmarked) - there was no rating. I then clicked on my bookmark again to go back to my subscribed threads, and there it was, a rating!

My bookmark is https://www.writingforums.org/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription which is normal enough.

All I can say is sorry :(

6. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I can confirm that I am experiencing the problem. When I view threads from the area you posted, it seems to sometimes rate the thread for me. Not every time, but on at least one occasion.

This is a problem/bug with a forum plugin, I suspect. I'll look into it and see if there's a solution.