I'm a terrible person, I ...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Denegroth, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    [​IMG]

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Ok. Yeah, I've never seen such a thing here, though it doesn't mean it doesn't exist somewhere in upwardly mobile, almost rich McMansion Suburbia. Seems like the kind of thing people there would ask to have.

Side-note: For a about a year I managed a department store in a little town north of Atlanta that answers to the above description of almost rich suburbia. Worst job I ever had. Pretty town, but you got the feeling that the almost part turned people into raging assholes because they weren't quite over the line into actual wealth in order not to be bothered by the little things. Night-fucking-marish.

</derail> ;)

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Mine is more related to driving more than parking.
    Dickholes that don't use their damned blinkers.
    Should get a 72mm installed and then maybe
    that will persuade theses redneck rejects how
    to signal when turning and changing lanes.
    tank-car-crush-55015.jpg
    I swear I don't have road rage. :D

4. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed

5. Senko

Senko Member

You can be unpolite, or unsensitive, or rude, or unfriendly, or....the list can go on endlessly.
    My personal opinion, though, is that just one trait doesn´t define a person.

6. jim onion

jim onion New Member

What it comes down to, is people making rules subjective.

This is bad for obvious reasons- the biggest one being that it defeats the purpose of rules. They're not "guidelines" or "suggestions". Doesn't stop me from disobeying them though.

If there are 10 handicapped parking spots not being used, the nearby "normal" spots are filled up, and I just need to run in for literally 2 minutes and get milk? Cry me a river but I'm going to fly into a handicap spot if I don't see a cop (or if it's not typically a store in my area that is patrolled by police), run in and buy what I need, and run out.

If you think 10 cars with drivers who are paralyzed from the waist down will arrive at that exact moment in time (or within the duration that I'm in the store), well I don't know what to tell you other than it's not going to happen. And if it does, sorry, but rest assured knowing that the stars won't align like that for another millenia.

Now, if there's ONE open handicapped spot? No, I won't take it, I'll walk a longer distance. I'm young and healthy.

Additionally, the difference with me is that if a cop *did* ticket me at some point between me parking there and then coming back out with my lone grocery item, I wouldn't complain. Wouldn't argue. Would accept the ticket since I honestly broke the law. Simply the slim risk I'm willing to take, because it's convenient.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016