1. Rooster Smith

Rooster Smith New Member

I'm at a lost for words at this point.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Rooster Smith, Jul 6, 2013.

I understand that the people at WritingForums.org don't like me. I get that. Have no idea why but I get that.

But I'm doing my part. I never post on here. Ever.

And yet I still get these emails from you guys. It's crazy.

This all started when I posted my piece on this forum. I followed all the rules and the piece was taken down anyway. Why? No idea.

Seems like a messed up thing to do to a guy who just made 25 posts though.

But I don't care. I just left the forum. I'm an easy going guy.

But the emails don't stop coming. I've done everything I could think to do. I've asked to have my account deleted, but here I am, very much undeleted.

I took to your twitter about this.

I even went into my account and did everything I could to disable emails from being sent to me.

And yet the emails still come.

I know for a fact that I'm the only person on this forum that this happens to. I know people on here. It doesn't happen to them.

So I'm going to ask one more time, for the love of God, people of the writingforum.org, please stop sending me emails. PLEASE ERASE MY ACCOUNT.

If you're trying to force me to create a new email account just so I don't have my inbox flooded, then I guess you win. I don't know why you've chosen me, but you beat me. Congratulations.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Check your account settings in your profile. You probably have enabled some kind of notifications.

I sincerely doubt that.

If you're trying to force me to create a new email account just so I don't have my inbox flooded, then I guess you win. I don't know why you've chosen me, but you beat me. Congratulations.

You can change your notification email account. You'll have to keep the account long enough to verify it, but after that you can throw it away.

Nobody is trying to do anything to you. That's just plain paranoid thinking.

3. Rooster Smith

Rooster Smith New Member

I already went in there and tinkered with it.

I remember that the last time I posted here you specifically said, "He probably messed up his settings." Which wasn't very professional by the way.

My settings are fine. But rather than argue about it, why not just delete my account? Would it kill you?

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I doubt it would kill him or anyone, but it's not in our power. Trust me. There comes a point when we would rather take that course, but it is not part of our technical ability. It's not that we won't, we CAN'T.

5. Rooster Smith

Rooster Smith New Member

Got it, this is addressed to the people who can. Mods or whatnot.

6. Cogito

Accounts are not deleted, period. And if your notifications aren't enabled, you won't receive any.

The default for new accounts is no notifications, so if they are enabled, you did it, whether or not you intended to. The newsletter is new, and that is sent to all registered accounts at this time. PM Daniel if you don't want to receive it. And I told you you can change your registered email address.

What more do you want? It isn't rocket science.

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

what kind of emails are you getting?... and who are they coming from?

btw, the expression is 'at a loss for words'... ;)

8. Rooster Smith

Rooster Smith New Member

It isn't rocket science that's why I was able to do it. And yet the emails still come.

At least ban me or something. This is the last time I'm posting here. I"ll wait twenty four hours and if I'm still getting them I'll just make another email address. You guys are something else.

I'm getting them from you guys, the threads I posted in while making the 25 necessary posts. Sorry I spelled a word wrong but under the circumstances, you can understand if I'm not on my game.

9. Cogito

You are not getting emails from "you guys". You are getting REQUESTED notifications for threads you started or subscribed to. Check your settings again, even if you are SURE you didn't overlook a setting (you did).

Please stop putting the blame elsewhere. I recall that was the major part if your original problem here as well.

People here are generally very helpful. But you still have to take responsibility for your own actions.

10. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i, for one, have never sent you an email, as i never do so unless the poster asks me to... and even then, i tell them to email me first...

your problem has to be what cog describes, since 'us guys' would have no reason to be emailing you...

11. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I've never emailed you either, so if the "you guys" means the forum, you have to be talking about automatic notifications - what cog said. If you can't figure out how to unsubscribe, just put a spam filter on the emails from here and you're done with it. I've done that with a couple of odd accounts where I've forgotten my password or whatever and just can't be bothered to work my way back through the maze.

12. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I check your account. You had several email options listed in your account. You were subscribed to admin emails, PM notifications, and weekly subscribed thread notifications.

I've changed your settings for you. You shouldn't get any further email notifications.