Tags:
  1. Kamal lakhr

Kamal lakhr New Member

Why my english is suck?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kamal lakhr, Nov 10, 2014.

Let's face it, My English look like a second language (as others told me )
    and for me that's mean
    I am SUUUCK in english (pleas don't try tell me that it's good)

I tried so hard to develop it (i start learn it since 3 years alone)
    however, I won't lie i did get progressed (Lot in fact) however whenever i have 2 blogs
    whenever i post something someone laugh on my english

I don't feel sad on peoples critiques in fact i love it"It's the best way to know how suck you are " in other way
    what's your weakness points, to make them stronger
    Some people hate critique "Emotional peoples" but for me I love it

anyway my only question pleas pleas pleas answer me with honest, I hate people say ooh it's good
    english "Thank you for that but this won't make my English better"
    I want your critique, Just from what i write right now, What do you found bad
    (I'm using to talk with a friendly style,average peoples love it )
    However i want your critique (what mistakes i made in details that make my writings look suck?)
    I really can't spread my words to the world if i don't learn English well
    I made 2 websites, I didn't make them for money or be popular
    i only want to Share my philosophy about life,My research about human (I love sociology and psychology hihihi)

However without a good english, I don't feel good Share something without great language (it block readers from open them hearts to my ideas)

Pleas any advice,Critique would be great
    P.S:Don't be board on your answer pleaas, Tell me exactly what i did wrong what i should do,What's my weakness points that block readers from contact with my ideas

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

If you want a critique, you have to follow the rules, be here two weeks, have 20 posts including 2 critiques of other's work. You are asking us to volunteer time to help you. People will, but you must show an interest in the forum first, not just come here and ask for critique on your first post.

Are you even interested in writing or are you just trying to learn English?

3. cutecat22

cutecat22 The Strange One Contributor

Until then, do a lot of reading, especially of English books and English newspapers, or just anything written in English. The more you read, the more you will familiarise yourself with how sentences are put together and how the different tenses work.

xx

GingerCoffee likes this.
  4. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

You write in English well enough to be understood, but if you want to write fiction for English-language readers, you do need a lot of work. In addition to @cutecat22's excellent suggestion of reading as much English as possible, I would also suggest that you immerse yourself in other English-language media, such as films and television. But, most important, you need to speak English as much as possible. I had a coworker from Taiwan who knew English, but struggled because other than when she was at work, she never spoke it. In the 12 years I worked with her, her English never improved.

TDFuhringer and cutecat22 like this.
  5. tokyotenshi

tokyotenshi New Member

Do a lot of reading or watch a lot of movies or shows. That's what I've been doing since I could talk and read. I'm not quite clear what you meant by "My English look like a second language (as others told me ) and for me that's mean"... is English your native language?

If English is in fact your second language and not native language, why does that sound 'mean' to you?