1. Lord Loss

Lord Loss New Member

Fantasy Story

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Lord Loss, Nov 17, 2008.

Alright, I plan on writing a book. I am going to try at least. I plan on writing either 4 to 5 books all in a series.

I will give you a basic summary.

Info:
    (LAND)=Land in the world, haven't came up with the name.
    (Main Character)=Name, don't want to reveal it.
    (GOODSIDE)=Elves/vampires clan, don't know the name yet.
    (BADSIDE)=Werewolves, don't know the name yet.

(I won't tell you all of the book since it won't make it fun)
    Pre-summary: This series will be about the war between races, most importantly: the vampires and werewolves.

Elves were the dominant and first species in (LAND). They were magical, and talented at many things. Some bad elves started killing other races that had come into their land, and the good elves didn't mind. The good elves banned the bad elves and the Elven King and Queen put a strong curse on the bad elves. The elves were just learning about magic and didn't know about it like they do during (BOOK I), and they messed up on the curse of the wolf. The curse of the wolf made all the bad elves turn into wolves when the full moon rose, the 'curse' made the werewolves stronger, and they grew better senses. The curse had also back fired on some of the elves, and they also grew stronger, and they needed to drink blood. The 'vampires' couldn't go out in the sun for over one hour. These vampires and werewolves split off from the elves, but the vampires split off in good terms.
    The vampires wanted to ally with other races and wipe out the werewolves. The werewolves then didn't care about other races, and decided they would kill them off once they had one the war of the curse. Through time, both new races grew and grew. A new leader has been brought up in the Empire (who was smart, and wanted to finish the war), and the (GOODSIDE) had always had their king and queen (not the same one that brought on the curse). I won't give you the names however. Since the elves, and vampires had magical abilities, they tried to undo the curse on both of them, since the curse made the werewolves stronger. A sorcerer, who was neutral, no one knows what race he is, however, he told both sides of the war that a young man with a many race will bring the curse and the werewolves not to an end, but to a new beginning.

I won't reveal the other books at the moment.

Summary of BOOK I:

(Main Character) is an elf boy who lives in (LAND). He is an orphan and doesn't know who/what he is destined to be. The (BADSIDE) went to his village and brought him into their base. To teach him things that will help him kill the (GOODSIDE) or the "bad side" is what the (BADSIDE) tell him.
    The (BADSIDE) trains him in battle and (Main Character) later learns he is helping the (BADSIDE) and killing the (GOODSIDE). The (GOODSIDE) captures him and tells him everything he should know and he decides to help them instead. They return him to the (BADSIDE) and he says he escaped.
    (Main Character) starts to kill of some important people in the (BADSIDE) with the knowledge he learns from the (GOODSIDE). The (BADSIDE) finds out and gives him their curse (in part). (Main Character) tries to block the curse, but couldn't since it was so strong. He did kill the sorceress that knew the curse on the (BADSIDE), which was the only elven werewolf that knew the curse.

I am 16 years old, and about a week ago I came up with this idea. I have a lot more information about the series but I won't reveal it until I get some replies on the first book summary. One questions (besides asking you guys/girls to pretty much rate the book) is, do you think the summary I wrote will be a big enough book. I am guessing around 300 pages maybe.

Thank you,

Lord Loss

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no point to asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read this thread about What is Plot Creation and Development?

(and yes, this is a template post, which should give you an idea of how often this comes up.)

3. Lord Loss

Lord Loss New Member

Thank you.

I read the sticky but felt like posting it anyways...I am scared of what people will think about the story. Anyways, you are right and I need to just write it.