1. Kaygrl

Kaygrl New Member

I'm new here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kaygrl, Feb 23, 2016.

Hey there, I'm Krystal. I have been writing since I was a kid, but haven't been doing much of it for several years. A lot of things seemed to take my focus, you know, work, relationships, new hobbies. I'm determined to get back at it! I don't want to lose sight of the passion I once carried for writing, and I think joining a forum might help get me excited again! I'd love to be able to share and hear feedback, as well as providing it for others. I'm a little rusty with my words, but you've got to start somewhere right?
    I look forward to chatting with everyone!

Sack-a-Doo! likes this.
  2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Staff Supporter Contributor

Welcome, @Kaygrl!

If you're looking for something to inspire you, maybe you should take a look at our writing contests. You'll find a lot of good stories there, and maybe you find that you want to participate yourself. :) (See the links in my signature under this post, I'm using my phone right now, so re-linking in this post would be quite a chore.)

Also, take a look at our New Member Quick Start. It should get you going around here.

Enjoy!

3. A.S.Ford

A.S.Ford Active Member

Hi Kaygirl, it's always good to keep up your passion for something. I too used to write a lot more as a child but life, especially my education, has seemed to steadily restrict my time and ability to get words onto paper. Its one of the reasons I decided to do a Creative Writing degree as I have to write short stories and poetry in order to pass my degree ... however, it does still limit my time to write any ideas I have for novels. I tend to use NaNoWriMo and the Camp NaNoWriMos now to support me in my novel writing though. From what I have seen on this forum so far this place will definitely be able to help you with what you wish to achieve here :)