1. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

Just want to make you jealous...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gallowglass, Jun 23, 2009.

I love it when it's like this - sunny, clear skies, bracing mountain air. Reflections of cars on the road on the loch. My dinghy on the pebble beach beneath a Highland evening sky, and dinner on the beach beneath the sunset at midnight.

Yes, this thread is essentially me bragging, but feel free to talk about things where you are, as well ;)

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

[​IMG]

3. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Haha, my my, sunny days are coming these ways. Though in Phoenix, a cloudy day is the equivalent for those sunny days in a cloudy environment. :p

4. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

The hot days have just started in Ontario. I'm loving it. Too bad I can't go to the amusement park I work to ride on the log ride to cool off.

5. Hsnodgrass

Hsnodgrass New Member

^^^ Nice to see another Phoenix resident on the board. Weather has been beautiful here and you just can't beat tangerine desert sunsets!

6. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

It was sunny and 72 degrees w/only some clouds today...in Seattle!!

7. ValianceInEnd

Oh man, I've heard. What sucks is I've been in Seattle most of June (where the weather is suprisingly not cloudy at the moment Haha) and I've read that it's been the coolest June Phoenix has had since 1913! And I'm missing it!! lol

8. Dalouise

Dalouise New Member

I've had to water my garden most evenings, which is almost unheard of in Ireland. :eek:

9. KurtistheTurtle

KurtistheTurtle New Member

In my area the heat index is 110+ with 98% humidity. All I have to do to cook noodles is let them sit outside a couple minutes.

But I love it. Bring the heat!

10. sophie.

sophie. New Member

It's hot and sunny here - there must be a problem, English summers are almost never like this! It's so (depressingly) English to complain about the weather, so this is great :p

Hahaha the even Wimbledon 'rain cover' is being used as a sun shade, wonders never cease. :) I've been sunbathing for the past hour and I'm off to the beach soon. Now all I need is some strawberries....

11. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

You really are missing out, man. There have been a couple hot days, but for the most part, it's really nice out! LOVE IT.

12. ValianceInEnd

Oh man, thanks for rubbing it in! :p

13. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

You're very welcome. :D

14. KP Williams

KP Williams Active Member

You cannot tease me with your bright, sunny days. If I had control over the weather, it would be cloudy every day, with only just enough direct sunlight to keep the plants alive. And if I could come up with some way to prevent catastrophe, I would introduce permanent cloud cover to the entire planet.

I am not fond of sunny days, if you couldn't tell. :rolleyes: For me, perfect weather is overcast, so overcast that it looks like it's about to start raining. Temperature: 60-70 degrees F. Gentle wind. Low humidity is a nice bonus, but you don't often get that on days that promise rain. Unfortunately, the weather around here lately has not been fitting my idea of perfect. Sunny. Hot. Humid. Practically no wind (at least not when I'm outside). I feel like I'm roasting whenever I let the dog out and catch a faceful of the outside world. >_<

15. TheHedgehog

TheHedgehog Contributor Contributor

I live in the SE. Charleston, South Carolina, man, and I hardly dare to go out unless I'm going to a pool immediately after walking outside. It's bad, definitely.

16. nativesodlier

nativesodlier Member

It was a nice sunny day with a slight cool breeze here in central California. too bad I'm a winter and fall kinda man.

17. KurtistheTurtle

KurtistheTurtle New Member

I just learned that when you step into the shade it doesn't get cooler. But you can feel your skin stop burning.

Stl is where its at dawg lol

18. Télor Kenzie

Télor Kenzie New Member

Colorado has the best weather for now. It's gotten warmer each year I've been here - 8 now. I moved from southern California and thought I was going to freeze that first winter, even though it wasn't that bad. I was just being ridiculous and skinny.

It snows here in winter, but it doesn't stick because the next day it will be 70. In the spring/summer we get afternoon thunderstorms like clockwork. They last for about 10 minutes, but they are full-fledged thunderstorms, all dark and ominous. The garden gets watered and we get to feel the thunder and then it's gone. We joke that the weather is bipolar.