Imperium of Surmarack S2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Pheonix, May 29, 2013.

1. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

No!

:D

2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Headed to bed, see you all in the morning!

3. Macaberz

Pheonix! How dare you!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

4. Pheonix

Sorry lol :redface: Nice first post btw! :D

5. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

ya me too good night!

6. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

introduction

Gaius being Gaius

Sorry I couldn't have some sort of meaningful opening or more interesting development with him

But I ain't good with openings so I made him really angry and really high. Of course there is more to him but he is also normally high.

7. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Actually Crumpets, no. While he does mirror some traits of Varys, he's far too selfish. In fact I would say that Lord Peter Balish was probably more of an influence considering his underhanded tactics, cowardice and cunning intelligence. Balish wants power, while Varys does what he does for the good of the realm.

And Malief also wants POWAH! hehe - To paint a picture he's probably a cross between Lord Balish and Darth Sidous.

8. Pheonix

@Fox, Just so that I'm sure I understand what's happening here, did Malief just remote detonate Tali's ship?

9. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

Hello there Surmarackanites! Not sure how much you remember me, but I just happened to log back into the site as the second incarnation of the thread was born. So, here I am to rejoin the story and hopefully get some great adventures out of us all.

I'm going to continue using my character(s) from the first thread, focusing on the Lynxine, Brezzo, but keeping the Jarns I made in the picture. Thus, I must ask Fox, what has Malief been up to since Brezzo's encounter with him? Anything become of those samples, do you want to continue that sub-arc, and/or any ideas for future use of the Jarns by your friendly CEO? Also, I presume Malief and David have left the Jarn embassy in the interim, correct?

Looking forward to getting back up with you all. I'll get a post up in a little bit.

============

Character Name: Brezzo Corun

Race/Species: Lynxine

Appearance: Brezzo is a typical, early-middle-age example of the Lynxine race, standing a healthy 5'10" (not including his ears, which reach 2 inches higher) and covered in a thick, dark-red fur. He is sturdily built, with callused hands from a lifetime of using them. Brezzo dresses in clothing with is both respectable and practical (always with a collar, casual or not), since he is frequently in the presence of influential strangers and close friends all in one night.

Background: Brezzo came to Surmarack in his travels as a performer/explorer, and found employment among Coranum's small-time music scene. He performed with one-night-bands in bars, restraints, street corners, and parks for about half a year after arriving on the station. All the while, Brezzo was intensely curious about the humans--he had never been around so many at once--and eagerly asked all who would answer about their history, culture, technology, cooking, and whatever else the conversations stumbled upon.

After about a year on Surmarack, his curiosity to learn more about human history put him in contact with House Jarn, and thus Alaouda. Brezzo befriended a few of the more adventurous Jarns, and they allowed him to join their expeditions out into the areas of the station not covered in sprawling cities but rolling hills and vibrant forests. The members of the House came to enjoy and value Brezzo's curiosity, musical skills, and eagerness to learn, and offered him employment. He now works as a field researcher for the House, exploring the ecosystems of Surmarack to gain insight into what kind of world the humans came from and where they should seek to find the long-lost planet.

Skills/ Special Abilities: Brezzo is a talented musician, performing with either his personal Kitlel (similar to the human concertina) or sitting down at a piano if there is one available. His gift for musical patterns and creativity is a side effect of his remarkable acoustic perception. Brezzo can detect and pinpoint sounds far fainter than most members of other (and even his own) species. When performing, he will often listen into the subtle comments of his audience to judge how they are enjoying the music. When exploring, Brezzo uses his gift to find hidden animals, discreet caves, and detect danger long before it spots him.

Despite his musical, roaming lifestyle, Brezzo also has a healthy knowledge of geography and atmospheric science. This is mostly from reading books and books on the subjects, supplemented with four long expeditions into the wilder regions of Sumarack, and he considers the study of nature more of hobby than a true profession. But, he has proved competent enough for House Jarn to higher him for just that knowledge.

Brezzo is relatively proficient with his rifle, due to long periods spent out exploring where such skills are needed, but lacks the martial arts skills the Lynxine are known for. He does possess the Lynxines' deadly claws for grappling combat, but Brezzo usually disengages before those are needed.

Equipment: As a civilian, Brezzo's equipment is not the best nor newest in the world. His standard field gear contains food, water, binoculars, maps, his Kitlel, 5-inch knife, rope, phone, and a rifle for hunting/self defense. He carries his Kitlel in his back pack while out in the field.

Weapons: His field knife and well-used rifle, both personal possessions which Brezzo keeps up as well as he can.

Miscellaneous: While money and food are always valuable, Brezzo prizes friends and loyalty above all other things. He places the utmost respect on those who have earned it, and will eagerly assist and defend his friends and expect them to do the same for him. Even to those who he does not depend on, Brezzo is kind and patient--a product of his early years of performing where persistence and a kind face were as important as musical skill.

Brezzo is no stranger to the racism towards his species. Being affiliated with a House causes most of the bigots to stay away, but there are those bold enough, both within and without House Jarn, to give him trouble.

Family/House:*Employed by House Jarn as a geographic researcher and musician, and personal friend of Mason, Carlson, and Nathan Jarn, three cousins of the House.

Faction:*Favors the Alaouda, mostly out of curiosity for the human's origin. Very curious to learn about humanity's origins, but not interested in warring over scientific expeditions.

Goals: Learn all he can about humanity's history, including finding Paradisus, and continue building respect and loyalty with House Jarn until he becomes a true member of the family.

10. Pheonix

Welcome back Cynglen! Good to see you :D

11. Macaberz

^ Sounds interesting! I wasn't here when you were around, I think, so yea, I could say 'welcome back', but I think just saying welcome would be more appropiate coming from me ;)

12. Pheonix

I would like to clear something up for those of you who played the original game, there's a few things, storywise that are different for the sake of ease of entry for new players. Probably the most major is the status of Roselyn Douway who was killed in the original game.

This time around, after having a discussion with Fox, she is still alive and well still.

I made the decision to have her be alive at the outset because I wasn't sure who all would be returning.

If there are any other discrepancies that you guys notice and want some clarification on, lemme know and I'll get it cleared up :D

Also, I wanted to point out that I've been pasting all the character sheets into the first post of the actual game for reference if anyone wants to look them up. They're at the bottom in spoiler tags.

13. Fan7asticMrFox

Welcome back Cynglen! I am treating this like an alternative universe in a way (for example Rosalyn is still alive so David is no longer leader of House Douway), so I will leave it up to you whether Brezzo and Malief have actually met or not (if so then ping me a message and we can put together some details). Glad to have you aboard!

@Pheonix - Yes. I 'zploded her and her ride. She gone...bye bye.

14. Fan7asticMrFox

Apologies for double post!

@Pheonix - Can I bring back David - Rosalyn's son? Or would that cause an issue to the new story?

15. Pheonix

@Fox, I see what you meant now that she wouldn't be around long lol :p

And I see no problem with that! Just coordinate with Mac, I believe that he's writing up a post that includes dialogue with Roselyn. You guys might want to discuss how you handle the various NPC's involved.

EDIT: And, I could care less about double posts in the discussion thread. No big deal.

16. Pheonix

Going for a run! I shall post when I return!

17. Macaberz

@Fox, I just edited my post. I think you should be fine having Malief in David's quarters already or approaching them. Maybe we can split up the Douways, I can do Roselyn and you can do David. She had other children too right? I think having one younger brother to David would be interesting. These matters aren't too spoiler-ish in nature so I think we can simply discuss them here.

18. Fan7asticMrFox

Yea me and Mac have already been in contact, sent a few PMs.

19. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Leonard and I are working on a collab (he's not on atm though). So, a post from us will be up when we're finished. :)

20. Macaberz

Nice! I can already feel the intrigue, I can see the plots and schemes, I can hear the sound of daggers stabbing into people's backs. I can imagine houses brought to ruin whilst others rise to power. I am drooling... :p

21. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

lol. Pheonix I think i have an idea to build up that feeling as Mac so eloquently put it. *evil giggle*

22. Exzalia

i have returned, what I miss?

23. Macaberz

You have missed me. I know you have. ;)

Welcome back!

Now get back to posting you blabbering urchin! That goes for all of you!

24. Exzalia

okay okay

25. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

Just got up my first post, long as my typical style is, but there's some movement at the end. I'm not entirely sure what's to come of it, but I'll PM around to try and organize stuff. Also, I seem to be taking over more control of House Jarn, so could I be so bold as to claim it for future RP's? Pheonix listed the houses as open or not, so I feel like they are up for grabs.