Imperium of Surmarack S2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Pheonix, May 29, 2013.

1. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Sorry this is a little bit late, but I'm back in this! Will have a post up soon!

Character Name: High Priestess Kalara (The Spirithealer) Yldrig

Race/Species: Isthus

Appearance: Kalara is an older Isthian woman, but has maintained her grace and beauty despite her age. Her skin is fair, she has emerald green eyes, platinum blond hair that runs down past her shoulders but is usually tied up in a bun, and her skin is slightly wrinkled. She has the sharp and perfectly symmetrical features of an Isthian, and pointed ears.

She usually wears the raiment of the Suvos Mactan - a white robe with a golden trim, and a large gold cross embroidered on the back. The hood of the robe is large enough to almost completely cover the wearer's face. Kalara also wears a white veil across her face when out in public - to further conceal herself.

Background: The Yldrigs were a poor Isthusian family who resided in Coramun. Kalara's parents were zealous Mactanists, and when Kalara was born it was clear that she had great control over The Flow. Her parents thought that she was blessed, and they enlisted her to join the Church as an acolyte, where she grew stronger and stronger with the lessons of the Mactanist priests. Then one day, Kalara's parents were mysteriously murdered, and the little Isthusian was taken in by the Mactanists. She was trained and advanced up the ranks for the past one hundred years. She is now known as 'The Spirit Healer', due to her astounding prowess with the healing power of The Flow - the most difficult to master.

She was there at the bombing of the Church of the Suvos Mactan, and was one of the only survivors. She is claiming that the act was caused by the Harbringer and that the end is nigh.

Skills/ Special Abilities: Kalara is a very proficient user of The Flow, especially in healing. She is also known to have a silver tongue, and can be very persuasive.

Equipment: None.

Weapons: None.

Miscellaneous: She wears intricate white gold jewellery - some in the forms of crosses and triangles, the symbols of the church.

Family/House: Yldrig

Faction: Suvos Mactan

2. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Interesting character you have there Forgotten-Memories! Looking forward to rp with you :)

3. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Welcome back FM!

@Jesswrite - That last piece you wrote was fantastic; I thoroughly enjoyed it. Such a great use of language, and the imagery and mystery of the piece kept me wanting to read more. I could see the vision so clearly yet you never actually told me, the reader, what was happening. Very clever.

4. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

I'll post a bit after I wake up

5. Macaberz

So lets see we already have two people aiming directly for the throne, havent we? Uiron and Gibrani...

I can feel the tension building even though none of the different houses have met....yet. I sense that after they do, all hell is going to break loose.

6. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Lol :)

7. Forgotten_Memories

First post is up! Also, Leonard - I have a question:

How old is Uirion? I need my character to be older! :p

8. Macaberz

Oh three actually, seeing as it is Roselyn Douway's goal to put David on the throne...

Also, this may be obvious, or not, but:

Douway = the way
    Foresyth = foresight
    Jarn = yearn (for earth)

Couldn't think of one for the remaining three...yet.

9. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Fox, thank you! Makes me happy to hear you enjoyed it, I had a lot of fun writing it. I have a feeling all of Orielle's visions will be very interesting. :D

10. TheLeonard112

Well Uiron is about 700, so yeah. Yours will need to be older, lol.

11. TheLeonard112

Oh and by the way, I like your character.

12. Forgotten_Memories

Haha, thank you! Kalara will be like 800 something then. :)

13. Macaberz

Gonna ponder for a bit, drink some juice..and then, post time!

14. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

I feel like I'm reading a novel... This is amazing. You guys are all amazing.

:D

15. TheLeonard112

Thank you

16. Pheonix

So, while attempting to post FM's character sheet in the first post of the game, I have discovered that there is a 50k character limit on post size. So, I'm moving the 'Current Characters' Spoiler Box to the first post of this discussion thread. It's there if you need it for reference!

17. Macaberz

^ I discovered that after a collab I did with Keit, that went over the charlimit as well.

Anyway, what are the odds of you making a post today Pheonix?

18. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Sent in my character template ;)

19. Pheonix

I'm working on one right now! If I don't get it done within an hour, it won't be up till later tonight. But it will be up today.

TO give you a preview, we'll be returning to the imperial palace, and Inirum Veral, to see some of the inner workings of Seer Council and the fractured Imperium. The Foresyths may also make an appearance!

20. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    And her enemies will fear her...

Character Name: Evumeimei Dingzai (aka, Evvy)

Race/Species: Human

Appearance: Early twenties, but she doesn't know her exact age because she doesn't know her birthday. Tall, slender, strong bone structure, long ebony hair and a dark brown complexion. Can always be seen wearing a purple scarf over her waist-length hair to keep it out of the way. People find her steady unblinking gaze creepy.

Background: Evvy was never taught magic. She had the talent, but she was turned away from masters of the Flow because she seemed "disturbed". She was also a homeless orphan that escaped the slave trade, so she had no coin or family to vouch for her. So she taught herself magic by trial and error. It was a long, excruciating process, filled with set-backs and frustrations, but once she gained traction, she didn't stop. Her way of using the Flow makes other people feel uncomfortable. It is all wrong and backwards and it shouldn't work, but somehow it does. She cannot do many things that a properly trained magic-user can do, but she has her own tricks, as well.

Skills/Special Abilities: Making 1-3 people feel like their head is full of bees (all they hear is bees and they can "feel" flying around in their skull), turning sunlight into plasma bolts and whatever they hit sets on fire, levitating her body in one direction at a time, and the ability to always see everything around her at once, or 'panoramic vision'. She can't shut off her panoramic vision, which leads to some mental problems. Also, when she is extremely furious she can teleport someone to a place she calls 'the Cornfield'. It is an endless field of maize that stretches to every horizon with an unbearably hot sun beating down from the sky and angry crows that swoop down to scratch you with their talons, so that your only choice is to run and run. She can only keep someone in the Cornfield for a full minute, but they feel like they were there for an endless time period. This power comes at a great cost, draining all her energy and putting her in a day-long coma. When the person reappears, they go back to where they were before she teleported them and they will be exhausted and dehydrated.

Equipment: Powerful sleeping potion that she uses to drug herself to go to sleep, or else she won't ever be able to rest. She can poison others with it and get them to fall asleep if she choses. The sleeping potion lasts for eight or nine hours.

Weapons: Evvy is very skilled with a pocket knife.

Family/House: Evvy is an orphan and she does not know her family, only her name 'Dingzai', which was given to her by the mistress of the orphanage.

Faction: Suvos Mactan

Goals: Find out who destroyed the temple leader and kill all who were involved, and loot whatever is of value along the way.

21. TheLeonard112

22. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    You know too much!!!!! :D :D :D

23. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

You couldn't call it something else?

Why use Cornfield?

24. TheLeonard112

Lol :p

25. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    @Kingtype....uh...because I wanted to.

@Leonard, I watched that episode last night, I love Twilight Zone. I'm eighteen and a half and I still get scared to death if I watch it...alone...at night. Lol.