1. Crimson Dragon

Crimson Dragon New Member

A Writer's dilemma- Want to write a manga but don't know how to find an artist.

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Crimson Dragon, May 6, 2013.

As the title says. I have a lot of story ideas, but admittedly the vast bulk of them would work better as a manga or anime then a written work. As a result of this, I would greatly enjoy working with an artist to make them more then just thoughts in my head, but I just don't know where I can find an artist who would be willing to work with me. I'm not independently wealthy, so I can't simply hire an artist, and I don't know any artists personally. A friend said he'd look for me since he knows some people, but I'm not sure anything will materialize out of that. The only money I can promise to an artist would be a significant(most likely more then I take myself) share of future profits and payment of self-publishing costs if we cannot publish through an actual company. Thus, I am caught in a rut. I'm not sure where I can find an artist who'd be willing to work with me, don't know anybody myself to ask and don't have the art skills to draw the thing myself. So, do any of you have ideas where I can find a willing artist or what I can do about this dilemma?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

since there's little to no chance the book would ever be published by a paying press, or that, if self-published, will ever make any money beyond what it costs you to put it out there, you're asking an artist to give you his/her work for free...

and no really good artist is going to do that...

that said, if you'll be satisfied with an amateur who wants to give away his/her work, then you're in the wrong place... you need to go to websites for anime artists... i'm sure googling will turn up a slew of 'em...