1. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

In the Forgotten Keep (temporary, or not so temporary) discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by abculatter_2, May 12, 2009.

I saw that there wasn't a discussion thread for In the Forgotten Keep and I had a question (which I know won't be answered anytime soon, but I'm posting it anyway) for said RPG. If the creator of the RPG doesn't like this one then one of the mods could delete this one and put a new one up or something.

My question: How are we supposed to do anything if time has stopped? Without time we cannot comprehend the universe. Without time, you can't move from one place to another in any comprehensible way, for there is no time in which you can move. Without time you can't think, for there is no time in which the electrical impulses of your brain (or even if, in the RPG, thought is something a little more mystical, it would still take time) can move. Without time, the universe as we know and comprehend it does not exist. Also, you're first post is rather vague. You don't mind going into a little more detail, do you?

2. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

To answer your question, here is my answer: Time is relevant, therefore it cannot stop. Also, we can proceed to do things without time moving. We merely need to focus and move ourselves through time, rather than allowing it to move past us. It's like swimming up a river. Or going up a down escalator.

3. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

I kind of like the idea where our favorite rpg characters just get mixed up together in total randomness, its like an rpg lounge area. I might just do that.

4. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

guess what I totally just made our RPG lounge, how awesome would it be if it was actually approved.

5. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

First off, it states quite clearly in The Forgotten Keep thread that time has stopped and we need to start it up again. Whether it's possible or not in the real-world is irrelevant. Second, focusing requires the amount of time it takes to focus and, with time stopped, there is no time in which you can focus.

6. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

You have a good point. But if time has stopped to the point where people cant even focus then its impossible to restart time for you cant do anything, you are stuck in a single scene of the third dimension, as soon as you actually do something time has passed so you are no longer in that part of the fourth dimension, and you cant do that because you are stuck, time wont move, and we aren't four dimensional beings. So, i think Leaka is refering to how the planet wont spin, maybe people dont age either. Btw, im talking about time as in the fourth dimension, realistic time. Leaka probably refers to the fantasy setting understanding of time.

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Time is just merely an illusion Abul. It's something we perceive as the world rotates. We create time. Time doesn't really exist. We just need time to have work schedules. I mean the caveman moved without a precise thought of time. So did our ancestors. They didn't perceive time until we decided to make it up ourselves.

That is how we can move on the planet because time itself is an illusion.

I mean when we get an image of a red fire truck...light travels to our eyes. Did you know we actually see 8 minutes in the past? Because it takes that much conversion to see that red truck past by.

So yeah what we perceive as time right now isn't all that accurate and it's just something silly we fantasized. To make things more organized.