In the Forgotten Keep

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Leaka, Apr 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Terrance sighed and shook his head.

"Umm, we're gonna start searching, thataway," he said pointing at a random corridor, "as for duck names, name it darkwing."

Terrance started to blistfully walk off in the direction he pointed.

2. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

"Oh, poor ducky,"

The girl picked Scott up and looked at him sympathetically. A thought occurred to him: in all these years since his transformation she was the only one who had cared for him. Even now, with this horrid spike in his head, she treated him as well as she ever had. Sure she treated him somewhat like a pet, but he couldn't really complain about that. It was better than scavenging for bread crumbs. No, he definitely could not leave this sort of...

"I think you need a name, ducky," Britney brought a finger to her chin, head tilted, and stared up into the air. "Hmm... How about... Julie?"

("Wait, what? JULIE!?") Scott swore. ("Do I look like a **** chick to you? I'm a guy! Tell her, Old Man!")

Aves just grinned evilly. Scott swore at him.

("**** it, if you're going to give me a new name at least make it something worth the change. Something like Schwarzenegger or Max Fightmaster or...")

"as for duck names, name it darkwing."

("Yeah, Darkwing's good.")

3. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Personally I like Julie, it just... fits. Or maybe Julia...Anyways I think Darkwing is a bit to masculine." Aves said with a mischievous smile towards Scott. Aves watched as Grim started to go off with his group before looking for a path for his group to follow. "Let's see... which way should we go Brittney?"

4. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

"Okay!" said Britney with a bright smile. She knelt in front of the duck, and with an outstretched finger, pat one wing, then the other, and finally pat the duck on the head saying, "I name thee," she quickly tried to think of the feminine of 'sir', "Sir...ess Julie!"

"Let's see... which way should we go Brittney?"

"Hmm, well, I guess this way," she said, pointing. She kept the duck's leash in her hand and walked out in front. She called back over her shoulder. "So, what exactly are we looking for again?"

5. Cyphon

Cyphon New Member

It's not to late to join is it?

6. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

"See? You get it! Why doesn't she?" Then she yelled again, "Quit naming all your stupid animals after me! If you name that duck Julie, I'll cut off its head!"

"Seems to be a bit of an overeaction...poor duck doesn't need anything else happening to it's head." She started walking in the direction Jules had originally been going, "Well comon Jules, we better start walking, oh and just FYI I can move pretty fast, so I hope you can keep up."

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

As the group walked off into their respected directions it started to become apparent that the Forgotten Keep was holding a dark secret. Strange carvings of creatures became apparent to the Britney group, Enigma's group noticed an odd goo like saliva, and Rogue's group found a room like no other. Little round things lay on the floor. They appeared to be egg sacks. There were a couple of bodies that lay on the floor with odd things sprawled out onto their face. Was this an egg chamber? And if so? For what?

8. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

As they entered the forboding ruins, dark secrets soon began to be revealed onto them. They entered a strange hall with weird sperical objects lined on the floors. Two bodies layed on the floor, each had a strange thing attached to their faces.

"Spooky, I totally feel like I'm in some survival horror movie I saw about 120 years ago... umm, I'll check the bodies."

Terrance walks over to them and kneels down, he places a bony finger on their necks, hoping to feel a pulse, or some sign of life.

"It's like there's something there, yet... its distant, but coming from inside them. I feel like these bodies have long expired," he whispers a silent prayer to them, "rest in peace brothers."

He started to scan the rest of the room, "Is this some sort of... sacrificial reproduction chamber or something. And what the hell are these things anyways?"

9. DustinTheWind

Scott glanced nervously around the corridor. Like the ones at the entrance, these carvings were noticeably less than friendly. Unlike the entrance carvings, however, these had conspicuously hollow eye sockets.

("Those things are booby trapped, I just know it. As soon as one of us steps on the wrong tile...whammo with the rain of poison-tipped arrows! Let's get out of here. Haven't we seen enough?")

As usual, no response from either of them. Scott held up a wing.

("You probably can't tell due to my conspicuous lack of fingers, but I am totally flipping you both off right now.")

10. yellowm&M

Kaethe walked briskly down a a dark pathway. They had long ago left the group and had so far heard nothing yet. Jules was walking a little ways behind her. Kaethe felt her self-conciousness creeping up inside her. She always felt that way in the dark. For reason's unbeknownst to her she had a faint glow about her, which was much more easily identified in the dark. She pulled the hood of her jacket up hoping to block the light.

The silence between them continued, the only sounds in the tunnel were their quiet footsteps. Up ahead the path curved sharply to the left. Kaethe walked around it a split second before Jules. She let out a gasp, she couldn't help it; they were in a giant cavern standing at the edge of a huge lake that glittered eerily in some blue light that seemed to radiate from the center of the lake.

"What do you suppose we do now?"

11. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

"Well comon Jules, we better start walking, oh and just FYI I can move pretty fast, so I hope you can keep up."

She was a bit relieved to find that was the last Keathe said. They walked in silence, and Jules noticed the girl glowed a bit. Weaving through the caves, Glo-worm! You can light the way she thought. Kaethe let out a gasp, and Jules quickened to catch up with her. A huge lake before them, Kaethe asked,

"What do you suppose we do now?"

Jules shrugged. Then she remembered the communication device, and she pulled it out waving it in the air. "Call in the troops." She fiddled with the controls, pushing buttons, getting no sound from the radio. "What did we find anyway?"

Britney felt anxious as she looked at the carvings, a bit too spooky to possibly be any good.

She heard the ruffling of feathers, and turned to check on Julie, the duck. The duck held up a wing. "Aww," said Britney, her face lighting up, "You want me to hold your.. uh.. hand?" She took the tip of the wing gently, then turned to keep looking at the carvings all around them.

"What do you suppose this is all about?" she asked Aves.

12. yellowm&M

Jules shrugged. Then she remembered the communication device, and she pulled it out waving it in the air. "Call in the troops." She fiddled with the controls, pushing buttons, getting no sound from the radio. "What did we find anyway?"

Kaethe watched Jules try to work the communication device. "Didn't you ask how to use it? And I'm pretty sure that we're at some underground lake...that glows..." She trailed off as she looked that the shimmering water. Something about this cave gave her the creeps.

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

The lake seem to ripple as if something was living in it. And then it appeared from water the creature living in it. [creature]
    What were Jules and Kaethe going to do?

Terrance and Rogue watched as the bodies stirred a bit and then they saw something strange. As something poked out of the bodies of dead. [bodies]

Aves and the others continued to marvel at the warning symbols. When they too saw the creature. [creature]

14. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

"What the?" Terrance observed as the bodies began to lurch, all of a sudden a monster burst from the man's chest.

"what the hell?!" Suddenly his bird chirped violently as it registered the creature, then it changed into a mechanized falcon which clamped tightly into his bones, "ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" The bird then pulled out what looked like a gattling gun, "WHAT THE BLOODY ****ING HELL!!!!?????"

All of a sudden the bird started to fire on the creature and quickly scuttled from body as bullets dug holes into the ground. The concussive force of the fire soon jostled Terrance off his feet and he crashed into the ground, the gun still firing.

"Stop, dammit, stop!" He got himself up as the thing still fired, "I said stop!!!!!" He punched the mechanical beast right off his shoulder, electricity crackled as the severed feet still clung to his shoulder. He violently ripped them off, "Yyyyaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!"

He crushed the device in his hands, "I think..." he said between breaths, "I got a defect. At least we know what those damn things are."

15. yellowm&M

The lake seem to ripple as if something was living in it. And then it appeared from water the creature living in it. [creature]
    What were Jules and Kaethe going to do?

Kaethe dropped the controller in her hands, "oh my ****ing god!" She stood for a second frozen in panic, then suddenly came to her sense. In a nearly invisable blur she ran the 15 feet seperating them from the waters edge and toched the top with her fingers. For a moment nothing appeared to happen, then the water began to churn and froth and rise to create a huge sheet of water between then and the creature.

16. DustinTheWind

An image flashed through Scott's mind. He saw those other two girls -- Britney's sister and that somewhat spooky blonde, standing around a cavern near what appeared to be a glowing lake, apparently trying to figure out the communication device. ("Women,") he groused to himself. ("You just can't trust them with any technology.")

Without warning, the lake erupted into a boiling froth. A monster lept forth, twin mouths snarling. One of the women swore, and the picture went dark. The communication device must have broken; dropped most likely. For a moment, Scott stood dumbfounded as the implications of what he saw sank in, then he began panicking...

("Oh****oh****oh****thegirlsjustranintosomesortoftroubleoh****Iwasrighthugemonstertwomouthssharpteethglowinglakelet'sgetoutofherebeforewe'renex...")

Another vision interrupted him. It was the pale guy, battling what appeared to be the same or at least a very similar creature. Glowing red text appeared surrounding his field of view. "AUTOMATIC EMERGENCY TRANSMISSION!" it read, "DEFENSE SYSTEMS ACTIVATED!"

("Oh****nowGrimisgonetoowe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadie!")

Looking up, he saw a third creature. This one was no vision, it was clearly crouching in the hallway ahead, getting ready to pounce. Scott lost no time in becoming airborne and turning tail.

Unfortunately, he was still attached to the leash. He didn't travel far before the slack was gone and, devoid of the momentum for proper lift, he found himself crashing to the ground.

17. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

OOC: Joining on Aves' group!

[hr]

Aves and the others continued to marvel at the warning symbols. When they too saw the creature.

Marcus had been enduring a silent stance for the time being when he saw a slimy creature.

"Careful!" he warned.

Waving his hand a thunder ball appeared out of nowhere. He noticed that the thunder ball was not the usual yellow. It had gone black and white thunder sparkled around it. Was it due to the prophet tower. They said it "revealed your truth".

"Whatever?" thought Marcus and directed it towards the creature. He created a few more orbs and used them defensively by making them circle his body.