In the Forgotten Keep

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Leaka, Apr 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

"He can hang with me in the trunk, but we should probably have him wake up first before we take him anywhere. So all in all, I agree with Marcus here, let's make camp, I'll gather some firewood, Britney, care to help?"

"I am off to get some food. If you've got food I am still going. I like some of the best and delicious varieties of mushroom that grow here. They are called 'NightSpawn Mushrooms'. Anyone coming?" asked Marcus.

"Gather firewood?" she asked. She raised her head a little higher, a huge, though somewhat devious, grin on her face. "I can make firewood!"

"Excellent! Can you also get us those mushrooms?" asked Marcus.

2. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

The wood, logs ready for the fire, had appeared mostly on the other side of the jeep... mostly. One rather pointed piece had punctured the back tire.

"Well that's just great," Aves said as he heard the back tire of the jeep break. "Well I've got a flame thrower somewhere on my wheel chair, so actually starting the fire won't be a problem. Of course, I'm going to need some help getting out of the jeep and back into my chair."

3. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

"Well that's just great," Aves said as he heard the back tire of the jeep break. "Well I've got a flame thrower somewhere on my wheel chair, so actually starting the fire won't be a problem. Of course, I'm going to need some help getting out of the jeep and back into my chair."

"I'll help," said Marcus as he marched towards the jeep. He took out the wheel chair and placed it in front of the entrance of jeep and lifted the man and helped him to the wheel chair.

4. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Thank you young man," Aves said as he wheeled around the car and gathered up the fire wood. Once he had it all he wheeled back over to the others and set the wood in a pyramid. Once finished he pressed a button on his arm rest, releasing a blast of flame which ignited the firewood. "Fire's done."

5. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

"Gather firewood?" she asked. She raised her head a little higher, a huge, though somewhat devious, grin on her face. "I can make firewood!"

Terrance would have raised an eyebrow if he could, she seemed to concentrate throughly, but nothing happened. Dissappointed she shrugged until what sounded like a pop and hiss then Jules aggravated shout told them where it landed. He turned and saw the back tire of the Jeep had popped. Terrance turned to Jules,

"I do hope you have a spare," he turned back to Britney and gave her a pat on the shoulder, "at least you got us the wood, you have my thanks."

Marcus and Aves managed to light the fire.

6. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

"I do hope you have a spare"

Jules sighed and started searching the trunk space, thankful, at least, that he hadn't thrown out the tire with the rest of their stuff. Though after a thourough inspection, she concluded that the tire iron, on the other hand, hadn't made the cut.

he turned back to Britney and gave her a pat on the shoulder, "at least you got us the wood, you have my thanks."

Britney nodded once, smile from approval on her face. "You're welcome," she said proudly.

Marcus and Aves had gathered the wood, and Aves started the fire using one of the innumerable built-in contraptions on his wheelchair.

"Wouldn't happen to have a tire iron on that thing, would you?" Jules muttered.

7. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Wouldn't happen to have a tire iron on that thing, would you?

"Haha! You're sadly behind with the times my dear," Aves said as he wheeled over to her. "I have something far more efficient," he said as he reached over the side of his armrest and pulled a case off the side of his chair. "You're far better off with power tools."

8. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Britney nodded once, smile from approval on her face. "You're welcome," she said proudly.

Terrance nodded,

"Wouldn't happen to have a tire iron on that thing, would you?" Jules muttered.

Terrance turned to face her, "if not, then we'll have to go looking for one, meaning, we'll need to find some town."

9. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Rogue heard the screams and the terrors of people. Only voices were clear in his dream. Like he could only remember voices and never the full movie screen. Pieces of himself and pieces of his life were missing inside his own head. But he didn't mind it. He rather not know anyway. But he felt an uncertain feeling. It was time to wake up. He could feel it. He opened his eyes slowly, he was still a bit dizzy, but got up because he knew he needed too. As he got up still very dizzy and slightly weak in the head. He saw a group of people. He stared at them his eyes gone cold, like the stare of a killer.
    "Who..who are you?" he managed to spew out through the dizziness.

10. Anir

Anir New Member

In a place where the forces of space and time have
    Azul still felt like a stranger among these people. They had allowed her to ride with them, but it felt like they were unaware of her presence. She sighed, and sat down near the fire, next to the strange boy that they had picked up. Drawing her sword, she inspected the length of it and began to sharpen it.

Suddenly, the boy next to her sat up quite shakily. She noticed something about his eyes, something that she knew was dangerous.

"Who..who are you?"

She answered him.

"My name is Azul, but I don't know many of the others' names. Who are you?"

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Rogue stared at the person who was talking to him. Their lips moved, but he couldn't hear their words. He had a sudden vision of shadow men in his head. He took his hand and went for their neck. He more or less grabbed their collar of their shirt.
    "You're lying," Rogue said.

12. Anir

Anir New Member

Without warning, the strange boy grabbed the collar of Azul's shirt. Her hand tightened on the hilt of her sword. This boy was becoming a threat. She looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"You're lying," he said.

Lying? Lying about what? His eyes were cold, and did not seem to be really seeing her. If he did anything else, she would have to subdue him.

13. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

He heard the small voice, it was cold, like someone was going to do murder, he turned in the direction of it, to find their guest was awake,

"who... who are you?"

He started walking over, the girl, apparently Azul, was the first to introduce herself. Then he grabbed the collar of the girl's shirt and blurted out, "You're lying." Terrance was more than confused, he kneeled next to the person,

"My name is Terrance, we're here to help," he turned to the girl for a brief moment, "I'm sorry that introductions haven't occured, Ms. Azul, that right? However, the wounded do come first, we can have a discussion later this evening."

Terrance put a hand on the boy's shoulder, "Now I want you to listen to me carefully, we found you on the road, you've been unconscious for a bit, for now, you need to rest and regain your strength, I'm also going to have to ask that you let her collar go, I'll have one of our friends help me here."

He turned his head towards the group, "Jules, get your first aid kit, our John Doe is alive and kicking!"

14. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Rogue was talked to by another odd blurry shadow. Until Rogue's brain registered they were people. He let go of Azul's collar.
    "I apologize," Rogue said, "I saw something that didn't exist."

15. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Kaethe jumped out of the car as soon as it stopped, however, forgetting about her leg, she staggered and fell as a jolt of pain shot through it. She pulled herself up but people had already surrounded the body so she stood at the back; unwilling to crowd. After a couple minutes everyone seemed to be delegating tasks. She heard Marcus and Terrance saying something about setting up camp and a fire. Ever enthusiastic Britney agreed to bring some firewood, but managed to pop the tire, evident from Jules angry outburst.

She watched as the crowd around the figure dispersed except for one woman whose name she didn't actually know. A second later and the stranger seemed to be awake. And in another second his had seemed to be on the woman's collar.

"You're lying," his harsh, cold voice was audible even over at the jeep, and in a flash she was over next to them. However Terrance, who had been closer, was already talking to the man.

"My name is Terrance, we're here to help," he turned to the girl for a brief moment, "I'm sorry that introductions haven't occured, Ms. Azul, that right? However, the wounded do come first, we can have a discussion later this evening."

The man looked at him, his eyes cold and unfocused, but after a moment finally managed an answer.

Kaethe stepped a bit closer, but also let some water pool up in her hand as a precaution.

"Well you're alright now," her voice was calm and quiet, "do you need help getting up? My name is Kaethe..we're just here to help."

16. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Rogue stared at the other one. He was slightly still dizzy and somewhat wobbly.
    "I'll stay sitting for a while more," Rogue said, "I'm Rogue."

17. Anir

Anir New Member

Azul nodded and smiled thinly. Returning her sword to its sheath, she watched the boy, named Rogue, lie back down.

The girl Kaethe and the boy Terrance were nearby.

"Hello," Azul said, standing up and stretching. "I don't know anything about first aid, so I suppose I'll get out of your way."

18. yellowm&M

"I'll stay sitting for a while more," Rogue said, "I'm Rogue."

"Alright, but we'll need to ove you out of the sun soon, here this will help a little." She gently swept a hand across his brow leaving a thin trail of cool water. She stood up and turned to the other girl.

"Hello," Azul said, standing up and stretching. "I don't know anything about first aid, so I suppose I'll get out of your way."

"Hang on a sec, you're name is Azul right?"

19. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

The stranger had awoken, and with that wakening had suddenly turned violent. But they were able to calm him down almost as quickly.

"Jules, get your first aid kit, our John Doe is alive and kicking!"

Jules, her hands still dirty from changing the tire, heard the call. She quickly brought forth water, rinsing the grease and mud from her fingers. Grabbing her bag, she almost rushed over, excitement of that life returning. But she caught herself before the act and walked calmly to the rising Rogue.

He was lying down again, Kaethe cooling him with water, when Jules got to his side. She checked his pulse, flashed a light in his eyes, then put her hand beneath his shirt to check his core temperature.

“Does it hurt anywhere?” she said softly. It sounded almost nice… maybe she was just tired.

“Is he okay?” asked Britney.

“Just exhaustion,” she answered. I think.

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Rogue closed his eyes for a moment.
    "No pain," Rogue said, "I'll get over it I'm just dizzy."

21. Anir

Anir New Member

"Hang on a sec, you're name is Azul right?"

Azul paused, and smiled.

"Yes, I'm Azul. I believe you are . . . Kaethe, right? I'm pleased to meet you."

22. yellowm&M

Azul paused, and smiled.
    "Yes, I'm Azul. I believe you are . . . Kaethe, right? I'm pleased to meet you."

"Yes, I'm Kaethe. Pleased to meet you too" She smiled back at the girl, heartened by her friendly reaction. "You did something with fire back there at that fight...what exactly did you do? It looked really cool from what i could see."

23. Anir

Anir New Member

"You did something with fire back there at that fight...what exactly did you do? It looked really cool from what i could see."

Azul was pleasantly surprised. No one had asked her to explain her fighting style.

"Well," she began, "I can light things on fire, as well as mold it. My sword," she said, gesturing to it, "has a special substance on it that can ignite easily, so I don't have to keep focusing on maintaining the flames. I can also move certain things with my mind, and I usually combine the two when I fight by controlling my sword with my mind."

She smiled at Kaethe.

"If I'm not mistaken, you were fighting with water, right? That looked pretty interesting too."

24. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Terrance noted the different conversations going on, their John Doe's name was Rogue how ironic, he thought, Kaethe and Azul were speaking of their powers, Jules was examining the newcomer Rogue, and Britney watched in silence. Nodding to no one in particular he got himself up and stuck his hands in his pocket. He finally realized that his rib was still in his pocket, slightly embarrased he put it back in its place with a light crack as bone melded with bone.

Terrance noticed that the blackened blood was dissappearing, it seemed as though it was receding back into his body, as though it had a mind of its own. He had some questions that needed answers. He walked over to Roger, his friend still in his arms.

"I need to ask you something, and either you, enigma, or both know the answer. How were those abominations able to make a skeleton bleed? Not to mention why is the blood black? And why is it going back into me?"

25. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Roger stared at Terrance. Enigma stirred in his hands.
    "Enigma can answer," Roger said.
    Enigma opened his eyes half way and stared at Terrance. Enigma thought for a moment before speaking telapathically.
    "What are you?" Enigma said, "A spirit that cannot pass on...what are they? Shadows trapped."
    Enigma paused.
    "You have something in common both are dead, now you may be dead in different ways, but both are dead," Enigma, "Just as the way a man who was alive can kill another man who is alive...dead can kill dead."