In the Forgotten Keep

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Leaka, Apr 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Terrance listened intently on these words, "so that's it huh? So the blood they drew, was..." he was afraid to ask, but he had to know the answer, "was it really blood?"

2. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Enigma took a breathe.
    "Yes because there is life after the dead," Enigma said, "You should know that already...why would you think you're an acceptation?"

3. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

"Yes because there is life after the dead," Enigma said, "You should know that already...why would you think you're an acceptation?"

"Because I'm bound between the thin fabrics of life and death. How can I live or die when I'm caught playing monkey in the middle? If I was dead, then why am I here? If I was alive, then why am I here?"

4. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Enigma closed his eyes.
    "Those are questions you find the answers to yourself," Enigma said, "I am not here to give every answer just cause I know every answer...I suggest you interrogate the newcomer...I'm going to sleep."
    Enigma got comfortable in Roger's arm again and closed his eyes. Roger stared at Terrance and placed a hand on his shoulder.
    "I ask myself similar questions don't worry,"

5. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

"Those are questions you find the answers to yourself," Enigma said, "I am not here to give every answer just cause I know every answer...I suggest you interrogate the newcomer...I'm going to sleep."
    Enigma got comfortable in Roger's arm again and closed his eyes.

Terance growled in disapproval, for 300 years he'd been seeking answers, yet he can't even go past 3? It was infuriating.

Roger stared at Terrance and placed a hand on his shoulder.
    "I ask myself similar questions don't worry,"

"I try not to Roger, I really try. But sometimes I ask myself the most simplest of questions and recieve no answer in return," he took a look at Enigma, "but I suppose that even the omniscent need their rest, I wonder if his prediction is of our salvation or our destruction."

He sighed, "I remember so little about my past, other than what I've read on charts or seen through pictures. Anyways, the others might need me, I'd best be off."

With a small nod Terrance turned and headed towards the group, "so, now that we're camping here, let's ask the few simple questions. What do we have for food, water, supplies, and accomodations?"

6. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Roger smiled at him and fixed Enigma into his arms before Terrance walked off.
    "He's a decent kid, he's never seen the world through his own eyes...just the dreams he sees," Roger said, "I don't know why I am here either."
    Roger went over and place Enigma down on the ground softly. Though a bad idea in general Roger found he needed to help the others.
    "Anything I can do?" Roger asked the group, "I'm a handy tool man by trade."

7. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

"Well," she began, "I can light things on fire, as well as mold it. My sword," she said, gesturing to it, "has a special substance on it that can ignite easily, so I don't have to keep focusing on maintaining the flames. I can also move certain things with my mind, and I usually combine the two when I fight by controlling my sword with my mind."

She smiled at Kaethe.

"If I'm not mistaken, you were fighting with water, right? That looked pretty interesting too."

Kaethe's smile widened. She hadn't had a good, genuine conversation with comeone since jasper had been taken.

"Yeah, I was. I have th ability to mold water into whatever I want. I can pretty much do anythign with it. I can heat it or freeze it. I can make it into a shape and keep it in that shape with my mind whether or not i'm touching it. One of my best and quickest defenses is to create a ball of boiling water and throw it. One of the best parts is no matter what it's like i am immune to any harm water can give. Like I can't be burned by boiling water. And I can also make it appear at will. So i can use natural water around me or create some." She smiled, "Funny, we're pretty much opposites. We should probably go see if we can chip in." She jerked her thumb in the direction of Terrance and Roger who were talking about accomadations and food. But her smile stayed in place, there was something about Azul that she rather liked.

8. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

Marcus had now left the group and was a little far from them. The closest people who could see what he was doing were Kaethe and Azul.

Marcus did not like to spend much time in the group. He preferred the loneliness. He liked being alone. Liked not to be close to anyone so that he may not bear the pain of their departure. He was now practicing his air power. He could bring winds and everything but the most difficult part was to lift objects using air.

He concentrated on a few stones on the ground. They were easy to move being less heavy. He tried his hand at a rock. All he could do was move it here and there but in an uncontrolled manner.

"I must control the air," thought Marcus.

But yet he was unable to do it.

Angered, Marcus increased the air pressure just around the rock and within a few seconds the rock was broken into innumerable pieces.

9. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

Jules cringed at the sound of cracking bone. Despite her medical training, that part always made her sick. Gaping cut? She can sew you right up. Guts spilling out? She’ll help you put them back in. But bones? Yuck.

"so, now that we're camping here, let's ask the few simple questions. What do we have for food, water, supplies, and accomodations?"

“Food?” Jules asked. “You eat?”

“Do you like fruit?” asked Britney, breaking Jules’ stare. “Umm… I mean, I can call up some fruit, some vegetables too maybe. As long as it grows from the ground. If I know it, I can get it.” She turned her gaze down, then looked to the open land. “My aim isn’t really the best…”

“Obviously,” snipped Jules.

“… but it’s always somewhere nearby. I could go over there, call up the trees, then you all could come and take what you want. That way no one gets hurt by stray branches or something.” Her smile was bright, and she concluded the mini-speech with a nod. It would take a lot out of her, but Britney was confident she could do it. She motioned towards her cousin. “And Jules can help with water.”

Jules, who’d tuned out her cousin, turned with the sound of her name. “I can do what?” she asked, nothing masking the irritation in her voice.

“Maybe Kaethe, too,” Britney added.

"Anything I can do?" Roger asked the group, "I'm a handy tool man by trade."

10. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

What do we have for food, water, supplies, and accomodations?

"Well, Miss Britney might be able to get us some fruit. Miss Kaethe can summon water. As you know the trunk is filled with supplies. And we just set up camp." Aves explained. "And also," he said as he spied a bird flying overhead, "we have a main course." With a snap of his fingers the bird flew down to where Aves was sitting, only to drop dead in his hand. "It's a useful thing, controlling birds."

11. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

“Food?” Jules asked. “You eat?”

"Wish I could, but I can't. Its more out of concern for the others here including yourself."

“Do you like fruit?” asked Britney, breaking Jules’ stare. “Umm… I mean, I can call up some fruit, some vegetables too maybe. As long as it grows from the ground. If I know it, I can get it.” She turned her gaze down, then looked to the open land. “My aim isn’t really the best…”

“Obviously,” snipped Jules.

Terrance stared at Jules, her attitude wasn't the best and it could potentially break up the group at some point. If they would all keep their sanity then maybe they woud survive this crusade.

“… but it’s always somewhere nearby. I could go over there, call up the trees, then you all could come and take what you want. That way no one gets hurt by stray branches or something.” Her smile was bright, and she concluded the mini-speech with a nod. It would take a lot out of her, but Britney was confident she could do it. She motioned towards her cousin. “And Jules can help with water.”

Jules, who’d tuned out her cousin, turned with the sound of her name. “I can do what?” she asked, nothing masking the irritation in her voice.

“Maybe Kaethe, too,” Britney added.

"Well, Miss Britney might be able to get us some fruit. Miss Kaethe can summon water. As you know the trunk is filled with supplies. And we just set up camp." Aves explained. "And also," he said as he spied a bird flying overhead, "we have a main course." With a snap of his fingers the bird flew down to where Aves was sitting, only to drop dead in his hand. "It's a useful thing, controlling birds."

"That's a start, and I could probably attract some wild animals," he said pulling his arm off with a pop, "they tend to like bones." The dismembered arm gave a thumbs up.

12. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

"That's a start, and I could probably attract some wild animals," he said pulling his arm off with a pop, "they tend to like bones." The dismembered arm gave a thumbs up.

Jules covered her mouth and turned away. She probably would have puked had there been anything in her stomach.

Britney shook her head knowingly, her cousin’s aversion to bones incredibly strange given her chosen profession. Not that she’s a doctor anymore, but…

With a shrug, she let the thought drop and started walking. Britney watched the ground with each step. She smiled to herself, thinking that the earth must be warm beneath her, but of course, she couldn’t really know that through her size 7 top-brand cross-trainers. Though she lamented the loss of her raspberry open-toed heels, she was glad she’d at least picked the comfortable shoes.

After a short while, she turned around to gage her distance. Confirming she was far enough away, she began her concentration. Britney pulled. The dirt trembled.

A vine whipped around her ankle, catching her off guard, and she opened her eyes. Interrupted, her power seemed to have stopped where it was. Branches sprouted from the ground unattached to trunks, carrots hung from vines, and she guessed the snow peas must be under the dirt. Still, it was good enough.

She brought the spoils of her labor back to the camp. “I hope you like it! But, I should warn you, you really don’t want me to cook.”

“I can attest to that,” said Jules with a lighthearted laugh. Her cooking really is terrible… but only slightly worse than my own, she thought, the smile resonating.

Britney joined her, giggling the way one does when exhaustion has taken over their body.

13. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

Another day, another fruitless search. After all these years he was no closer to finding that crazy hobo, no closer becoming human, than he was when he started. Even broadening his searches to include the countryside had been futile. Like as not, the hobo was long gone. Probably on the other side of the world now. Or dead, more likely.

At any rate he certainly wasn't going to find him today, and in the meantime he was growing hungry. Lowering his gaze, he scanned the ground far below for signs of something to eat. A group of people? That would do. They would probably give him bread again, but that would be better than the other options in the area: bugs and grass.

He checked over the group carefully. There were no guns visible, but that didn't guarantee anything...

He landed a short distance away. He still couldn't see any guns, but one of them was clearly wielding a sword. He would have to keep his distance from that one. Still, none of them seemed like hunters.

He began waddling towards the group, quacking.

--------------------------------------------

Name: Scott Rodrick

Appearance: He's a duck

Personality: Rather cowardly. Scott never was the bravest of souls, a trait compounded by his new form's lack of any sort of self-defense. Approaches problems cautiously, giving himself ample opportunity to run away. Mortified of guns, especially hunting rifles.

Abilities: Can fly and swim. Can't speak, can't fight, can't run fast. He's a duck.

History: Scott was once a normal human, in fact he had been so for most of his life. A normal man with a normal job in a normal city. About three years ago however, he was mugged by a madman who stole nothing from him, simply yelling something about "setting things in motion" and running off. At the time, he passed the man off as a drunken hobo and didn't put much thought into it.

The next morning, he was a duck.

He has since searched all over the city trying to find the hobo, but has never once caught sight of him.

Goals/Reasons: Scott cares nothing for the restoration of time. He merely seeks a means to return himself to human form.

14. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Jules covered her mouth and turned away.

"Whoops, sorry, I forgot you don't like that. It kinda came apparent when I had to realign my neck."

Britney had later returned with some more food.

Terrance thought he heard some quacking, "a duck, doesn't that mean more food for you guys to eat?"

He turned to see a duck coming out of the woods, "It is a duck!" Rearing his arm back he shouted, "go get em arm, go!"

He tossed the arm at the duck, it opened its hand to grab the duck, but it missed. However it got up anyways and started to chase after the startled creature.

15. Anir

Anir New Member

In a place where the forces of space and time have
    "Hey," said Azul, "I'm a pretty decent cook, you know. I can make a roast duck if you catch that guy, with some fresh cooked veggies."

She watched with some amusement the arm of Terrance chasing the duck around. The poor creature seemed utterly bewildered and began quacking in panic.

16. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Here ducky ducky ducky," Aves said as he leaned over and motioned for the duck to come to him. "Come here little ducky," he said through his powers of bird control to the duck.

17. DustinTheWind

"It is a duck!" Rearing his arm back he shouted, "go get em arm, go!"
    "Hey," said Azul, "I'm a pretty decent cook, you know. I can make a roast duck if you catch that guy, with some fresh cooked veggies."

Scott swore and tried to take off, but in his panic forgot how to fly. Crashing back down, he tried to run but his stubby legs severely impeded his mobility. Somehow his floundering managed to dodge the arm, but it doubled back; some sort of magical control. He swore again and turned to run in the other direction.

One of the crowd called out to him, "Here ducky ducky ducky."

("I'm not falling for anything that obv...")

The man spoke again, but this time without moving his lips; a voice that seemed to come from within Scott's own head, a voice speaking in the language of ducks..."Come here little ducky."

Scott stopped running, amazed. ("Did you just GAAAGH!") The arm had grabbed him. He was caught. He swore again.

18. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

"Yes!!!"

Terrance ran over and grabbed the arm, re-connecting it with another pop, "Victory!"

He shot his arm up in the air and stood in a victory stance. The duck struggled under his grip, "now we can feast."

19. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"I'm sorry about this little ducky," Aves communicated, "I really am, but you just look so tasty and we really do need some food." Aves licked his lips in anticipation. "Any last words my dear ducky?"

20. DustinTheWind

"I'm sorry about this little ducky," Aves communicated, "I really am, but you just look so tasty and we really do need some food." Aves licked his lips in anticipation. "Any last words my dear ducky?"

("I'm not a duck! I just look like one! I'm human!") he quacked in between pecks at Grim's arm.

21. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"What? Hold on a second Grim. There's something weird about this duck."

"What are you talking about ducky?" Aves communicated. "You clearly aren't human, and if you are prove it. And if you aren't... you don't have bird flu do you?"

22. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Keathe watched the proceddings with slight amusment, really seeing Terrance's detached arm chasing a duck around was quite a sight to behold. After a couple minutes of chasing they finally amnaged to catch him with a combination of Terrance's arm and Ave's mysterious bird talking abilities.

"What? Hold on a second Grim. There's something weird about this duck."

She looked at him in confusion. "What could possibly be weird about that bnird? It's a duck fro crying out loud."

23. DustinTheWind

("My name is Scott Rodrick. I was turned it to a duck...somehow. I don't understand it myself, really. You want proof? The approximation of pi is 3.14159. July fourth, 1776. There sequels always suck. Dumbledore dies, for ****'s sake!

And that's another thing. How many swearing ducks have you met? Most of them have a twenty-word vocabulary; half of which are different ways of saying 'bread'!")

24. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Roger stared at the frantic quacking duck and just shook his head.
    "The duck is nuts," Roger said.

25. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

What could possibly be weird about that bnird? It's a duck fro crying out loud

The approximation of pi is 3.14159. July fourth, 1776. There sequels always suck. Dumbledore dies, for ****'s sake!

"Hmm. Well either this is a very very smart duck, which means it'll be very good eating, or it's actually a human stuck in a ducks body. It knows Pi, Independence day, and what happens Dumbledore anyways. And it curses. Surprisingly, the only birds that curse are Canaries, Finches, and Bluebirds. So I think it might actually be a human."