In This Cold Winter, Let's Remember Those That Aren't So Lucky...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JJ_Maxx, Jan 4, 2014.

1. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

@EdFromNY - I am sorry I never got back to you via PM. I do appreciate your offer, however, I posted this video for a few reasons and it wasn't to 'sound my own trumpet' as it were. I wanted to share it, because it was a brilliant idea and I thought others would also have the desire to do this or something else for the homeless population in our country. While I admit that I haven't found the opportunity to do this particular thing, I have continued to love and help the homeless in the meantime the way I always do. (Through food and clothing, etc..)

I still hope that others are inspired by this video to help the less fortunate and again, I apologize for not responding back to you sooner.

God bless,

JJ

2. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

Sorry for any misunderstanding, @JJ_Maxx. Thanks for clearing it up.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

certainly seems odd, ed... and disheartening, to say the least... guess you'll just have to give yourself a pat on the back for having offered your help... to which i'll add another...

ed...
    i see you finally got a reply, that crossed in being posted with my thoughts above... which i'll keep, since you do deserve that pat...

[edited to add the last part]

4. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

Thanks, @mammamaia, although I wasn't looking for a pat anymore than @JJ_Maxx was.

Just goes to show - the more we try to perfect communication, the more it remains imperfect.

5. art

art Contributor Contributor

Can't see a problem with throwing in a bible (Preferably a KJ, obviously). Entirely understandable thought process: this thing has helped me and I hope it'll help another. (Likewise, I never have a problem with proselytizers knocking on my front door).

In much the same vein: this food has sustained me and I hope it sustains another; this blanket has warmed me and I hope it warms another.

To assume there's something sinister afoot seems very petty in these circs.

JJ_Maxx likes this.
  6. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

What happened to the packs?