Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Reminder About Posting Etiquette

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cogito, May 10, 2008.

I know it's easy to get carried away and wander off topic on threads, particularly here in the lounge. But out of consideration fot the other members who are sharing the thread, please try to limit off-topic wanderings.

When lengthy off-topic discussions begin to dominate the thread, it is called threadjacking. If this becomes a problem, the moderators may need to take action, which can take the form of thread closure, post deletion, or in severe cases, infractions.

I know I speak for all the moderators when I say no one wants it to reach that point.

One final point - the Lounge is part of a larger forum called Community Interaction. This means that thread topics should be inclusive of the entire community. Saturating threads with one-on-one conversations is threadjacking. Private conversations are best taken to PMs, email, instant messaging, or the message list in each member's profile.

Thank you for being considerate toward your fellow members. I'm sorry if thois casts a dark cloud over the majority who are already in full compliance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.