1. Indarican

Indarican Member

Indarican's Progress Journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Indarican, Mar 15, 2016.

Ok so this is the project journal for my novel, I have been writing this book for over a year but with huge gaps of procrastination and self doubt. I feel like maybe with this journal I would be able to motivate myself a little more to not give up on myself even if I think I am doing it wrong.

As it stands right now, I have 62,207 words down with 29 chapters done. I don't really have a written plot line or anything like that its more of the story is coming out organically. I'm hoping to get 2 more chapters done by the end of the week!!

peachalulu likes this.
  2. Indarican

Indarican Member

ugh, nothing done last night,will try again today! :-(

3. Indarican

Indarican Member

I got a whopping 293 words down yesterday. I feel overwhelmed.

4. Indarican

Indarican Member

still nothing! I did start my character profile though, and have been thinking through the was to introduce the Phantoms a little better, not that I have come up with a better idea yet, but at least the plot is on my mind

5. Indarican

Indarican Member

When the will to write comes its just non-stop!! 8 pages done just today!!! I really might finish this book within a week!!! I know i have so much editing and formatting work to be done after it but to finally get through with a whole novel, start, middle and end is not something I thought I would ever really accomplish. I'm freaking happy!

KokoN likes this.
  6. Indarican

Indarican Member

Book one of my 7 book series done. Now to get onwith book two

Tenderiser likes this.
  7. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

WELL DONE! Big achievement :D

Indarican likes this.
  8. Indarican

Indarican Member

11 pages done today and I may even come back and write some more later tonight!!!! Woohooo!!!!

9. Indarican

Indarican Member

14 pages done today and over 7000 words. I love this! For someone who thought I would never finish one book to be on the verge of writing my second. Its an awesome feeling!

10. Indarican

Indarican Member

getting really discouraged with writing. I know its good to get feedback and I am grateful for it, I am definitely one of those people that would rather know the problems instead of people telling me all is well or how wonderful it is. But now after everything I am starting to feel like maybe I am just not a good writer, maybe I am like one of those singers who swears up and down that they are great when really their voices sound like nails on a chalk board.
    Maybe I really just suck and I should stop wasting my time.
    :meh:

11. Tenderiser

I haven't read your stuff so I don't know how good or "bad" it is, but it really doesn't matter. Writing is a craft like any other: some may have a natural aptitude for it but we all have to work at it to get any sort of real proficiency.

A few weeks ago I read one of my first ever drafts for a laugh and IT WAS NOT FUNNY. It was so bad I couldn't even get through it. If someone sent me that to beta read today I would open it and think "oh shit, where to start?" When I look at the stuff I'm producing now it's like a completely different writer. And trust me, I still have a lot to learn.

Mr DC and Indarican like this.
  12. Indarican

Indarican Member

Thanks @Tenderiser, I know it takes work and I have no problems doing it, but it just seems like so much that I will never get the hang of.

Tenderiser likes this.
  13. Tenderiser

You will. :) We're all here to help too!

14. Indarican

Indarican Member

wow it has been so long since I have been on this site!!! But I am proud to say that I am still actively writing my series! Presently in the middle of my 3rd installment and am getting more confident in my story. I know that my editing still needs work but before I was really worried that people would think the content was too weird, now I can't wait until I get some more editing under my belt so I can share my story with the world!!

15. Dracon

Dracon Member

It sounds like you've made excellent progress to say you have such big plans for your work. So did you manage to get around to editing the first two books then? Keep it up, I only hope I can do the same!

16. Indarican

Indarican Member

I did not finish editing, i just have been writing furiously....lol.