1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Proof that the Earth is full of Water

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewdog, Mar 13, 2014.

I just came across this really cool article where they found a diamond that helps prove the Earth's mantle is full of water. This might also give hope that Mar's might have a mantle similar to Earth's where water could eventually be tapped in the future. It might make for a good story at some point.

http://news.yahoo.com/rare-diamond-reveals-earths-interior-wet-181429521.html

Simpson17866 and GingerCoffee like this.
  2. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

But if you focused on our state of politics, law and diplomacy, you'd conclude Earth is full of something else.

Simpson17866 and Michael Collins like this.
  3. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

As far as I understand it, the water between the crust and the mantel is far, far too deep for us to tap using conventional techniques. And it may exist in impossible to find pockets as well.

Do you think the crust of Mars is thinner than earth, or that by the time we reach Mars we'll have better technology?

Simpson17866 likes this.
  4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

How deep it is, is only one issue. There is also the matter of the form it is in: not liquid. As far as being a useable source, desalination and collecting water from the atmosphere are going to be more practical. Unless of course one is writing sci-fi on a dry planet setting and one needs a water source. It's great for solving a problem in such a setting.

ringwoodite
    Though you can expect the 'Noah's Flood really happened' folks to latch on to this right away as explaining where the flood waters came from and receded to. Of course it does not explain the lack of geological evidence for a worldwide flood, but what's that minor detail.

I am fascinated by the distribution of water in the galaxy. It boggles the mind why one finds methane lakes on Titan and a frozen water-ice surface on Europa. Now there is all this water contained, not just in our oceans, but also within the mantle rocks.

That's not even mentioning the finding of ringwoodite in meteorites. I've never seen meteorites, including images of meteorites, with any significant mount of that beautiful blue stone (see image in link). I shall have to look into it further.

Simpson17866 likes this.
  5. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

I am the one who that he has discovered the real biography of the earth four years ago. I wrote a letter to NASA and announced them about my discovery. I received a letter from NASA in response to my letter. They informed me how can I offer my theory to the research center of NASA but unfortunately I didn't follow the theory and never presented it to NASA.
    However...Based on this theory, Earth is an exceptional planet in the space and non planet is found to be similar to it. In the theory I have explained how water has been created on the earth. This is the most important thing in relationship to this planet. I don't like to reveal the theory but I can just say, the oxygen in the atmosphere has been created from the water on the earth. How? it is in the theory. I don't want to make you disappointed, but I have to say, there is not any water, even in the depths of the moon, Mars or other planet of the solar system.

6. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

That's a bold claim, especially considering that we know relatively little about the other planets and their moons.

7. Mans

I said there is not water in the other planet, because what happened to the earth not happened for the other planets in the solar system. An exceptional occurrence. Also there is the small amount of water in the planets but just as combination. Besides, if you have some information about the existence of water in the other planet please relate them.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  8. GingerCoffee

Water has been detected all over the solar system including in meteorites. So I can't tell if you are joking, @Mans, or telling us the premise of a sci-fi story you are writing. :confused:

Did NASA really reply to you?

9. Lae

Lae Contributor Contributor

Yeah @GingerCoffee is right, they found shed loads of ice on mars, remains of river erosion, water vapour in the atmosphere etc.

He has to be joking surely.

10. GingerCoffee

There has even been water detected on planets outside this solar system.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140225101737.htm
    Given hydrogen's affinity for combining with oxygen and given the elements hydrogen through oxygen are created in solar fusion, it makes sense water is going to be common in the Universe. Heavier elements than oxygen take nova and supernova explosions to form but the first eight elements are formed in run of the mill fusion reactions.

11. Mans

As I said we can find some water or oxygen in the other planets but not just like the earth. Those are combined with other materials but if we expect to find something like water or ice in the earth in the other planets, it will be not so. Earth became watery! based on a wonderful event and under the particular conditions. Also. the source water in the other planets is different with the water in the earth.