1. Running Up That Hill

Running Up That Hill New Member

Individual Bibliography

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Running Up That Hill, Feb 2, 2008.

I don't know if anyone came up with something like this in the past, but I think it would be amazing to create some kind of a bibliography for each of us. It's simply a list of all books/essays/short stories/poetry you've written, including the appropriate date (= month) and year of the work's completion.

2. Stinger

Stinger Senior Member

It's crucial but unfortunatley I can't make one.

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributing Member Contributor

It is a good idea, running, and I would love to do it, only my list of poetry and short stories is yonks long and I was stupid enough to not date them. I mean dosey or what on my account? :p

4. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

5. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributing Member Contributor

Since I began writing and submitting, I've kept a spreadsheet, listing stories/articles/novels submitted: Publisher, Date Sent, Date replied, Result and comments, etc. It's kind of handy to keep track of such things when you have a number of items out, and even if you only have one or two.

As far as a list of things written or in progress and dates, I have a writing folder that is broken down into novels, short fiction, articles, poetry, etc. And within that, there are the different folders/items written or in progress, or simple notes/ideas.

Each version is updated with a number. For example, Flank Hawk v 1, then Flank Hawk v 2, etc. Every time I modify, update, add to a story or novel, or article, etc., it gets a new number and I archive the old ones in a file within the file. If I want to check, MS Word has a date for last modification/save.

Of course, what works for one writer won't necessarily meet the needs or tastes of another.

I guess to piggyback onto the topic, I also keep a file with contract and payment information as well as expenses (envelopes, postage, etc.) for tax purposes.

Just like suggested in the post, trying to reconstruct and organize bio information after the fact is more difficult, same with the financial end.

Terry

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

sorry, but the thousands of mine by now would run pages and pages and pages!... you can see all of the hundreds i've written just in the past dozen years, since abandoning my old life and old life's work, on my website... dates on those would run from fall of '95 to now... old stuff would start well over a half century ago, as i'll be 70 this year, but i left it behind with the old me, so i only have a handful of pieces from then, that seem to have followed me somehow...