1. NickKrig

NickKrig Active Member

Input on a stories backdrop and storyline

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by NickKrig, Jun 21, 2011.

I posted something a little similar to this a few days ago but i couldn't find it for whatever reason. I thought for sure there was a list of posts in your user cp that you had posted on but i couldn't find it. Anyway, This is the backdrop to a novel I am about to start and i would like input. I think its rather new and original but tell me if im wrong. So Earth is fighting a war against other worlds that it has inhabitted, rebles. They are getting over run, and they are running short on personal and soldiers. They have a time portal though so they go back in time and abduct some of histories toughest warriors. they bring the back into modern times train them with modern tactics and hope that they fight for them. I don't yet have a reason that the abducties should fight for them. If you guys want to leave ideas for that go ahead. I would be thankful if you did so cause im stuck. I was thinking i would have some of the main characters be one of the agents who goes back in time and abducts people and a guy that is abducted. Maybe the agent gets fed up and helps the abducted escape back in time or maybe he stays back in time himself or something like that as well. Im still in the begging stages.

2. JimFlagg

JimFlagg New Member

I think it might make a huge plot hole. If they can go back in time why don't they just go back when the rebel colonies were formed and place a bomb.

3. NickKrig

NickKrig Active Member

yes, i see. Thats simple enough to fix. They have the technology to stop it. Ill have to bring that up in the dialogue so the reader doesn't question it though. and you cant really stop a movement. It would come anyway. they could kill its leaders though. But what if they implimented a time lock so no one from the future screwed around with thier time

4. The Degenerate

The Degenerate Active Member

You could have it where objects or person(s) can only be brought forward through time, and not backwards. So while they can't go back in time to plant a bomb, they can bring objects or people forward. Sort of like the Time Scoop in the story "Paycheck."