1. SMScoles

SMScoles Member

Inserting page breaks in Scrivener? (Windows version)

Discussion in 'Software' started by SMScoles, Mar 26, 2016.

Is it possible to insert page breaks in the editor as you write? I can only find a tutorial to do it on the Mac version and the instructions do not seem to apply to the Windows version. And I could not find the topic on this forum, I swear I looked!

I'm fairly new to using this program and I've had to do a few things where the page count was actually important and while I could check it through the print function, there must be a better way. Like having it actually show page breaks as you write like I seem to remember it does in Word.

I'm just not finding it if it exists. Thanks for any help!

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

I haven't found that feature in the Windows version, though it might be there. I start a new scene when there would be a page break, so that when it compiles it comes out right. I also export the final product and go through it in MSWord to tweak any formatting that needs to be tweaked. If someone knows how to insert a page break in the Windows version, I'd be interested in knowing it as well, though I'll probably just continue setting up the different sections as scenes.