Tags:
  1. rickrsk

rickrsk New Member

Insights into India!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rickrsk, Oct 20, 2011.

INSIGHTS INTO INDIA

Ah, India, the land of the mystic wonders and sacred cows, where the good are bad, the bad are ugly and the ugly are good. But let’s just get some things straight. Not every man here wears a turban, and not every other person speaks English like a communist. As I said before, it is a place where everything is a bit twisted. In this thread, I provide to you, a deep and smelly first hand insight into the Indian way of things, so that next time your great colonial aunt passes funny comments about the country, you can join her.

Yes, India is progressing into a new world, a better world where people who deserve, get what they deserve, we are becoming a super power. Such a thing you would find in a UPA Congress billboard. The truth deviates from this slogan; by a lot. We are indeed progressing. But we are progressing like Bush would, in an Afghan election. While we are taking of progress, it is quite astounding really, to know that in 1976, Air France thought that if you were to be travelling from Paris to Calcutta, you would probably land on cow dung and turban headed idiots who were sleeping on the runway!

Three things that really play in this county are economists, who go into panic mode as soon as people start eating potatoes instead of onions; social activists, who will probably pose a hunger strike against you, if you forget to wear a tie to work and then there are the politicians, who are simply mad.

If you have watched Slumdog Millionaire and well, of course you have; unless you were kidnapped by PETA for eating chicken or something, you probably believed Danny Boyle. Yes, whatever he showed in the film, including everyone going gaga over Amitabh Bacchan, was probably true. I bet you, India is the only place where you would find a slum and a twenty storied high riser with chubby, well fed, jet setting executives sitting right next to each other. Incase people have forgotten what a slum looks like; it’s a place with seas of illegally built tin like things, which the dwellers term as a weird entity called “house”. Oh! These houses also double as boats during the monsoons. Each house occupies the same number of people as Australia and sanitation is similar to that of a cup.

The fact of the matter – that has crept in rather deceptively through the ramblings about my country is just one; heart. You see, we Indians are dreamers. Subtle ambitions do not suit us; and perhaps it is the thing that fills the colors in a Mf. Husain canvas and paints the postcard photographs beautiful. Maybe, because of this reason only, no matter how stinky, dirty and polluted it is; my love for this county denies dying down.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

did you have a reason for posting this?... do you want it critiqued, or what?

3. rickrsk

rickrsk New Member

i posted in the wrong place i guess, so i want it deleted :)

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you can ask a moderator to move it... or just click on the 'edit' button and delete it yourself...