1. davidm

davidm Poodle of Guernica

Insufficient posting privileges

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by davidm, Dec 16, 2013.

Once again, I have been thwarted when I try to post a novel excerpt in the novel forum. There is no "Post New Thread" button at the top of the page, and at the bottom of it, there is a message that I have insufficient posting privileges to post in the forum, although clearly I do.

The last time this happened, I logged on later and the "Post New Thread" button was visible, but alas I didn't take advantage of that window of opportunity to post. Now that I am again trying to post the thread, the same old problem crops up: insufficient posting privileges.

Can someone look into and I hope fix this? Thanks.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Have you verified you have posted sufficient constructive critiques for the number of Workshop threads you are trying to create (I haven't checked, it's no longer my "job" to do so)? You must post two for EACH bew thread you wish to create.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

It's a genuine glitch. There are three members I am currently following who are constant critics, always well above the minimum requirements and still this glitch hits them intermittently.

4. DrWhozit

DrWhozit Banned

If it shows up, I go and do a critique or two. Usually by the time I'm done with the first, it appears I've reached the quota and the "Post New Thread" button appears.

5. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

I'm quite sure that I haven't posted 2 critiques since my last Workshop entry (it's almost been a year, which scares me...) yet the button is there for me.
    I don't think that button is supposed be hidden ever (as long as you are logged in), regardless of whether you have critiqued or not (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

There is an initial quota of two critiques that the 'gatekeeper' looks for to give you entry to post in that area. If you are brand-spanking new and have not critiqued anything, the Writing Workshop will give you the insufficient privileges message as it is supposed to do. The intermittent disappearance of the button after the initial quota is satisfied is a glitch that is being worked on.

There was a small window of time when we had just flipped to the new platform when the gatekeeper had yet to be activated and access was available without satisfying the quota. Minstrel and I had to manually delete threads during that period of time for members who had not satisfied the 2 critique minimum. Please do not let this window of time, which was an aberration caused by the changing of platforms, be the meter. It was very much the exception.

Daniel likes this.
  7. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I'm not sure if the button should ever be hidden, to be honest. If it ever is, it'd probably be hidden for new members. Is this a recurring/constant problem?

8. DrWhozit

DrWhozit Banned

Yes.