1. inkyliddlefingers

inkyliddlefingers New Member

To all fountain pen users, which paper/notebook do you choose?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by inkyliddlefingers, Aug 10, 2012.

Hello All!

I've been skulking around here for a little while now and have gathered that quite a few of you use fountain pens. I always write my first draft as well as any notes and research findings with a fountain pen, but in this ballpen day and age, very few papers can take real ink without feathering or bleeding onto the reverse. So, I am on a relentless quest to find a good notebook that fits my needs.

What do you guys use? Has anyone out there hit notebook nirvana? If so, will they tell me the secret?

Cheers!
    ILF

2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I use paper, and a Parker pen. I can't use any other make than Parker - I find their weight and balance perfect. Should do as they are very expensive pens!

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I write on whatever's to hand, and with (primarily) a Waterman Hemisphere pen, with black Waterman ink. I also have an Autograph pen, with red Waterman ink which I use for editing.

4. inkyliddlefingers

inkyliddlefingers New Member

Ah! A Waterman fan, eh? Are your nibs all fine or medium? I use mainly wide 1.1mm stubs so bleedthrough is a real problem. MY current favourite is the TWSBI fp with 1.1mm stub. Amazing pens. I also have a great Waterman Expert II which has a broad nib, ground by a nibwright into a stub. I have dreadful handwriting and italic stubbed nibs make it a little prettier and more legible!

I do have some very fine nibbed pens (I'm a collector) but I don't like to be tied to one or two pens in my manuscript work. I tend to choose whichever takes my mood that day, so need good quality notebooks.

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

ILF

Well, that depends on the model, really. You can get a Parker Jotter (or Urban as they recently renamed it!) for around £5.00. Then again you could purchase the British Monarch's Golden Jubilee Duofold limited edition for well over £1000.00