1. Shodan

Shodan New Member

Interested to know what you would do?

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by Shodan, Aug 24, 2011.

Hi everyone,

Not that long ago I completed my first book, a game book, similar in complexity to that of the 'Choose Your Own Adventure' series. After three edits and play testing for about a week I finally concluded that the planning had let it down substantially. This was enough for me to consider that the best way forward was to chalk it up as a useful experience, and to move on to my next piece of work.

However, recently someone suggested that I should at least let someone within the business take a look at it and give critical feedback. At first I wasn't that interested in the idea, though over the last few weeks the more I think about it the more I feel I should do something along those lines.

Has anyone been in a similar situation, and do they have any advice or suggestions please?

Thank you. :)

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i mentor many writers of children's books, so if you'd like me to take a look at your ms and give you an opinion on whether it's worth sending out queries, just drop me a line...

i wouldn't advise just shelving it before you've been told it's no good...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. Shodan

Shodan New Member

Thanks for the reply / advice, mammamaia. :)