Interests outside of writing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by marcuslam, Mar 10, 2012.

1. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned

I've been into coffee lately, and I mean in a big way. From just looking for something 'good' to drink, I'm now finding the 'front' taste as well as the finish is becoming very important.

My lead character drinks blue civet coffee, mainly because I wish was rich enough to drink that daily. But there's always a pot of Sumatran X-Bold or Dark Espresso in my home. As you might guess, my favorite flavoring is amaretto.

I used to flirt with your wife if given the chance. Now I want to see what your brewing... ;)

2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

A nice Costa Rican coffee always goes down a treat.

3. C.B Harrington

C.B Harrington New Member

Women. Is there anything else?

4. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Cars? ;)

5. C.B Harrington

C.B Harrington New Member

Too difficult to acquire, to easy to drive. :p

6. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Shiny tires, squeaky clean paint. :D

7. MissRis

MissRis New Member

Costa Rican coffee is amazing. I spent two months there last summer and became obsessed. As well as obsessed with Costa Rica in general.

Other than reading, because that really is the number one. Travel, cooking/baking (I'm known for my cupcakes and Italian food), riding, yoga, working out in general, and languages (I am bilingual in French and English and competent in Italian and I'm working on my Spanish).

8. Langadune

Langadune Member

I'm from the part of Kansas that doesn't look like
    Riding my Harley has no parallel in pure enjoyment for me. Winding through the mountains with nothing but fresh air and 800 lbs of Milwaukee still between me and the world is my version of heaven.

I've also recently discovered I have an afinity for knifemaking and forging.

9. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned

What model do you ride? I have a custom '04 Dyna, and a Sportster 48 that's been "leaned on."

BTW, I'm a professional knife sharpener.

10. Langadune

Langadune Member

I'm from the part of Kansas that doesn't look like
    02 Fatty. Hope to chop a Sportster by the time my son is old enough to ride (of course it would probably be more for me than him since he doesn't care that much right now).

11. KRHolbrook

KRHolbrook Member

Reading or playing TERA. Plus I take my doberman out and train her for a bit from time to time, and go out to an arcade with a bunch of friends on wednesdays after work. Watch a few series on tv, but otherwise don't pay much attention to movies and whatnot.

12. timothyjoel

timothyjoel New Member

I enjoy exercising, playing video games and playing guitar, among other things :)

13. loomingtale

loomingtale New Member

I love walking alone in the night! Movies, Standups, studying Engineering (Which I am officially doing) and I love teaching kids!

14. lettuchi

lettuchi New Member

Most of my time is spent on my graduate school work, but I also watch anime on occasion. I play the cello too, that's probably my other main hobby besides working on the novel.

15. Seventy7

Seventy7 New Member

I have many interests outside of writing, and because of them being demanding and time consuming (wow, a hobby being demanding! Whodathunkit) I don't write as much... But I do tend to put these things ahead of other things, because I enjoy them as well.

I have an interest in Martial Arts.
    I'm being trained in Baghua Zhang, Xing Yi, Drunken Boxing, and Tai Chi.
    I've been training for 6 months, learning bits and pieces of the Arts, but mainly learning Tai Chi. I have a tournament in July, and I am absolutely excited.

I love, love, love, LOVE Harley-Davidson.
    My dad and I are rebuilding an old 1966, 50cc motorbike together. Hopefully, I will be able to use it to go to training and work when I do not have class.

I have been dabbling in 3D Modeling... I'm not very good at it, and I've modeled a lot of things so far using Sculptris. I love Sculptris, it is so much easier to use than Autodesk's things, and much more... Intimate. Since the program acts and reacts as if you are working with actual clay.