1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Vortex's Crusaders

Discussion in 'Archive' started by lixAxil, Apr 3, 2014.

Vortex's Crusaders

“Hey… what if I were to tell you, that the game is as much alive as the real world?”…

Games are a window to a new world, they can become colorful plays and even living books. As the technology advanced, games had also become a portal for social relationship, these are the called online games and eventually the creation of the Massive Multiplayer Online games. Many spawned drawing the attention of thousands and each day they evolved more and more until the creation, things like virtual reality device were developed making the involvement with the game a true experience and enhancing the social links created through it.

The peak came with the creation of Vortex’s Crusaders, a very vivid game that allowed the creation of almost everything within it, a wide variety of characters and the option to be played via the classic method, using a console or a pc, or a VR’s option for those who could afford it, giving them the experience to live the game.

The question for mankind though is… how much can replace a game the life? Will the technology reach the point were you could even live inside a game? Will the idea of reality become a lie soon?...

Vortex’s Crusaders 3.0.0 had been released.

A year had passed since the launching of Vortex’s Crusaders, the game that changed the way to play. Such a game that could make your fantasies truth and with wide varieties to access had attracted the biggest number of gamers in the entire world; are you too old to live like you used to?, a young like experience can be lived here. Do you have any kind of physical limitation that limits your capacity to have a normal life?, the VR’s system have functions that will make you feel like you can walk again, like you can hear or see again, and many other things.

Changes within the third version.

Aside from the new quests and increased level cap, the customization of characters had been greatly increased, although no real bug existed, numerous things had been modified to facilitate the live of the players. Also, besides the console, PC software and VR’s device the Vortex’s centers are now open in numerous cities, with these the players can gather in the same center enhancing the social interaction and for those who can’t afford the game or have any hardware’s issue, this place allows you to enter into the game paying a small fee as if you were to rent a video.

Character creation

The system allows a wide variety of characters and customization for you to enjoy the game at the fullest, you can either go for the classic and become a sorcerer or a knight, play as part of a spaghetti western being a cowboy, what about sci-fi?, become a robot, alien, advanced human or whatever you want, or perhaps do you want to be an animal?, free to do it you are of course. And for those who can’t decide, why don’t you create your new fantasy ‘s character?

Account: The account requires full name, age, location, address, postal code. The information of the account will remain as a secret.

Name: What is a character without it’s name?, feel free to use your favourite name. The policy of the game forbid the use of any offensive name of any type, also is suggested to not use your real name, thanks for your comprehension.

Type: As introduced previously, is of your choice what will your character be, just let your imagination go wild.

Appearance: With the nigh infinite customization system, you’ll have no problem to build your ideal self or fantasy.

Background: Perhaps you have a nice story written in your head for your character, you can write it here or use the voice and let the system write it for you, it will appear within your biography so other players can access to it. But if you like to play the fresh one, then leave this in blank.

Playstyle: Your determinate playstyle will lead the stat's build for your character. If you play with a character for quests or battles you can choose between a set of different combat oriented playstyles. As for different playstyles, not combat oriented, more options exists.

-Damage Dealer (Physical or special): The character will have high stats of either physical attack or special attacks, also a fair stat for speed, dexterity and more stats for direct combat. However character will have a lack of defense stats as they will purely be oriented to damage the enemy.

-Tank: Unlike the Damage Dealer, the tank will specialize on defense, lacking speed and having a mid level attack, still the tank will be a big powerhouse ready to take any of the enemy’s blows and even distract it in combat.

-Healer: The healer lacks defense and attack but carries the highest amount of special points and also speed. It’s function relies solely in to heal the allies and buff their stats.

-Trickster: The trickster is a speed oriented character that specializes in debuffing the enemies and trapping them with several tricks or ailments.

-Hybrid: The Hybrid character combines two playstyles, however it will limit a bit of their capacities, as thus a Damage dealer Tank will be able to play both styles, yet a pure Tank will always withstand more and a pure DD will be have a high attack value, still the Hybrid has the biggest customization of skills within the characters.

Skills: One of the more attractive functions is the skill system. It allows the player to create its own skills within a limit determinate by level and playstyle. The player introduces the “idea” to the system to be processed and created for the character.

Rules.

Godmode: The system will prevent you to make your character invincible, any attempt will result in banning of the account

Offenses: The account will be banned if any offensive behavior is detected, the duration of the banning can range from weeks to permanent. Please notice that if both players agree with this behavior there will be no banning, also if the offense goes directly to the person instead of the character measures will be taken.

Control: Attempts to steal an account within the game to control other’s characters will be punished with banning.

GM’s word is law: The GM’s had been deployed to allow a more comfortable experience, they will enforce some laws that must be respected by each player.

Regarding PK: Although the death of a playable character is something common within the game, players that abuse of player killing against the will of others will have their account banned. Of course it's not needed to say that any personal grudge or reason that leads a person to kill another will be sentenced by the proper authorities

More rules will be added if needed.

Contact: For any issue feel free to contact us, also if you have any sugerence to make the experience livier and better contact us and we'll evaluate if that can be added within a new update.

-------------
    %%&#$"$$#/(&($#%$"%"#"#$"

"....Qu.... fa..ure.... Rock....... C.... Sc.... Sc....Wou.... Gild...."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional info.

This game deals with both online and offline life, so feel free to build your character in the two ways. In fact I want you not only to focus in the game, but also in the life.
    You can either be a noob player or a veteran, the choice is yours.
    Also it's your decision if your character will play the game through a VR's device or a PC (or console), or if it goes to one of the game centers to play.

The game will begin with characters already in a raid playing a dungeon

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved.

3. lixAxil

The First Key
    August’s 28th - 2034

The corridors were made of an exquisite and very detailed stone made of pixels that mimicked the pearl colors, such magnificient detail easily would had amazed anyway if not winning its deep admiration, yet for the raid team to stop and observe such details was a waste of time, the group had no time to spend, the most they did the far from their objective they’ll be, and thanks to the guidance of the player that was called by many Saint Knight, their group was closer than any of the others.

Hordes of ferocious creatures showed with every corner, sometimes monsters that one would expect for a fable, others time small machines proper of sci-fi, yet with the commands of the Saint Knight the group easily dispatched them, even if some of the players were new in the game.

Soon the corridor’s walls were erased and they find themselves walking on thin marble’s bridges over giant pits, yet no one feared to fall, there was no reason for, at most a feeling of frustration nothing else.

…….The young man’s hands were sweating, one hand on a mouse and the other typing furiously on the keyboard, the heat of the August’s summer that pierced through the window of his room did not help to ease him, he decided to order a different function to one of his hands, to grab a bottle of crystalline water from the one he quickly took a sip and then ordered his hand to return to his function. His mind was focused on the events unfolded in front of the screen of his computer, and once again he wished to win enough money to let his whole mind actually flow inside the world that existed at the other side of the screen.

“Gunslinger!! Take the flying marble’s monster of the right!!” screamed the voice of the Saint Knight. That’s my turn… thought the man outside the screen while commanding the gunslinger to attack the creatures. Again with the strategy of the Saint Knight the group quickly dispatched the menace that sought to threw them to the emptiness.

The Gunslinger…. That was the man’s character, a tall male avatar clearly influenced by spaguetti westerns and as thus his weapons of choice were a pair of revolver. It made a huge contrast with the epic medieval appearance of the Saint Knight, however… all characters were unique by themselves.

The man smiled at how easy this was, yet he wondered… Why are the conditions of this quest so strange?.

He quickly reviewed them on his mind. Apparently the new expansion of Vortex’s Crusaders, the popular MMORPG that caught the whole world into its fascinating world, offered a new special quest that required a raid team to gather three keys in three different events to be launched in special dates, today was one of those days and thus Gildur, the Saint Knight quickly formed a group for the quest and the younger was lucky enough to be chosen; the reputation of the player who owned Gildur was famous through the online community, his character is not only max leveled but also perfectly equipped, his feats within the game had been amazing and thus he gained a reputation, and it wasn’t just senseless reputation, he proved himself through this temple with grace and talent even when his party included some low level characters… Yes that was the other weird thing about this quest. Although the man’s gunslinger was mid leveled, some players were at their max while others just newcomers, this because the quest demanded to have a variety of levels and experience within the party, that enough felt senseless, the man wondered about it when the voice of another command of Gildur brought him to his senses; he quickly teamed to dispatch another horde.

“According to the map we should be close to the key’s room!!!” exclaimed Gildur with a cheerful tone. In the Saint Knight’s mind he already felt the accomplishment, he won’t fail this time, not like he did with the Moon’s journey’s quest of the previous expansion.

The party moved through the passages and they reached a big room decorated by numerous gems of a wide range of colors in the walls. For a moment they stopped, and that was the mistake.

As soon as they did a mechanical sound assaulted them as the temple’s floor trembled, in just an instant a giant wall fell separating the group into two. Gildur remained with some players at one side while the Gunslinger remained in the other also accompanied by some players, a colorful mix of veterans and newbies. And then a new horde was born, at least ten creatures showed, a big mechanical golem acted as a tank and behind it five magical shadows formed, they were a long distance assault unit, to add six small flying creatures carved of stone assaulted them, a close range attack unit!!!. Gildur probably screamed commands on his own, but the wall did not let the sound pierce it, as thus they were on their own now against the small horde.

The man behind the screen bit his lip, until now they had been following the strategies of a veteran, yet now they were on themselves and he did not now the other players, what he saw coming was disaster, yet this was no more than a game, still he felt uneasy about it.

The Gunslinger’s style was a long distance Damage Dealer and thus he placed on the backrow, his first aim were the flying creatures that he shot using Mini Cannon Round a skill that allowed him to quickly fire strong explosive bullets at his enemy yet at the cost of having to reload after every shot, thus slowing his attacks, yet it was the best choice against defensive creatures, he hoped for the other players to maneuver the best they could this situation.

It will be all ok… even the newbies should have learned something by now… thought the man to himself. And then he wondered how would it felt to truly fire those rounds instead of just clicking the mouse.

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

De Sade hacked into a weak spider creature, hoping it would die right away, but had to hack a second time to kill it off for good. Then, turning around, he raised his arm and let out a fire ball, exploding when it hit a higher level creature, but only hitting one enemy.

Sitting at his desk, Shawn was focused with unbreaking concentration on the game. "Shawn!" Yelled his father's voice from the other side of his locked door "You better be looking for another job!"
    But Shawn didn't answer. He had to concentrate on succeeding in the game if he was going to make it lucrative.

A cyborg creature approached De Sade. The cyborg was slow, but being that De Sade was a low level melee character, this did little good. The cyborg too, was melee. It looked like some undead human with a circular saw for a righ arm. A pretty simple opponent, but still a higher level than De Sade.

Pushing a couple buttons on his keyboard, Shawn activated De Sade's ability "Awesomeness," to weaken the machines attack damage.

5. TheApprentice

De Sade hacked into a weak spider creature, hoping it would die right away, but had to hack a second time to kill it off for good. Then, turning around, he raised his arm and let out a fire ball, exploding when it hit a higher level creature, but only hitting one enemy.

Sitting at his desk, Shawn was focused with unbreaking concentration on the game. "Shawn!" Yelled his father's voice from the other side of his locked door "You better be looking for another job!"
    But Shawn didn't answer. He had to concentrate on succeeding in the game if he was going to make it lucrative.

A stone golem creature approached De Sade. The stone golem was slow, but being that De Sade was a low level melee character, this did little good. The stone too, was melee. It looked like some stone machine with massive fists. A pretty simple opponent, but still a higher level than De Sade.

Pushing a couple buttons on his keyboard, Shawn activated De Sade's ability "Awesomeness," to weaken the golem's attack damage.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  6. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I had gone to a nearby game center to play the game, my friends had been hassling me to play the game for a while now. Though I wanted to try the VR, I had enough to get it, I had saved up enough in my 'frivolous saving's account', which I tended to never touch unless I REALLY wanted something. I got everything set up and started the game, making my character resemble myself.

As soon as I had gotten in, I was amazed at how real everything felt, I could feel the leather of the book, the wood of my staff, I could feel the breeze... It didn't take too long for some strange guy to come up to me and ask me to join him for some quest, I was confused because this guy was of a much higher level than I was. I think that he might've had the highest level in the game... buuut... I was just starting out, having a high level character do most of the work while I just go up a ton of levels would really help. So, I agreed and joined him.

I was on edge the whole time, I was afraid of getting in everyone's way and getting them killed, eventually the group was split up, I backed up and noticed I was next to a gunslinger, there was a large golem there, along with black shadow magic casters, and then six flying stone bats. "This doesn't look good... okay... just think about this logically... the golem likely has a high defense, but probably a low magic defense... though at my level I'll probably not even make a scratch on it, the shadows likely have a high magic resistance... so that leaves the bats." I thought, they were grouped together, swarming toward us.

I took a deep breath and put my book and and staff to my chest. "Please, hear my wish... Decimate my enemies!" I said, the crystal floating in between the staff's crescent edge began flowing, I pointed at one of the bats, from above three stars fell to the ground, slamming into the bat and the ones around it, leaving a small crater in the ground where they had smashed into.

7. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

I hovered further back, away from the main fighting and keeping a sharp eye out for any particularly dangerous enemies. Two of the others went into combat almost immediately, and I darted between and above them, careful to stay out of the way while my aura enveloped them and boosted their armor stats. Against the shimmering gems of the dungeon, I was near-invisible, but that didn't mean I wasn't able to be seen. In fact, that only made my predicament worse if one of my allies mistook me for a ghost unit. An enemy much feared in this game I had heard -though I had never seen one.

Dropping to the ground next to a sorcerer who had just cast some sort of star-fall spell, I tapped his shoulder to tell him i was behind him. I spoke quickly to prevent distracting him as I eyed the man confronting the golem, "Aim your spells at the golem if you can -that will be the one doing the most damage. It will be slow to attack possibly, and with high defense and attack power, but if we all focus it we should be able to bring it down. I can deal with any counter-spells those things throw at us." i said, then flitted further back next to the Gunslinger, dropping into a crouched position and muttering a spell beneath my breath, a soft glow beginning to fill my cupped hands. It would take another few seconds to complete it, but then i should have my cleanse spell ready before the shadows could try to paralyze anyone.

Or at least i thought they would try to paralyze them. Considering the golem, it was the only thing they would do. A slow, yet powerful attacker needs to have its enemies slowed before it can do any real damage.

* * *​

From within the contraption of soft, padded cushions and wires, I smiled. In real life, I was not allowed to go out of my room -out of my safe hideaway. Here, in this game, i could find a purpose rather than be a helpless, delicate flower who could die from something so simple as a cut or bruise.

8. lixAxil

The man who was the gunslinger at the other side of the screen analyzed the situation.
    It wasn't that he was the character of higher level in this half of the party, in fact there were higher leveled players issuing orders at their bests.... However unlike the Saint Knight, these guys had not knowledge in strategy, they were at best just people who played a lot, this made the young man felt uneasy.

"Tch!" mumbled the man as soon as the gunslinger was pushed back by an enemy's attack. He visualized the screen at how his health meter was reduced a fair quantity, this bothered him and then quickly realized that if that was the damage his character received, the one hit of the creatures could wipe out a new player.

This is bad... we'll fail the quest at this rate thought to himself, the situation was clearly disordered and players risked themselves more and more.

"Watch out!" he exclaimed through the microphone as soon as he shot regular bullets against some shadow mages who were about to fire the healer class character who was unable to move as it was casting a spell.

The golem was the most troublesome enemy of the group. Sure they were slowing defending well and even countering the small enemies, such as the flying enemies being knocked down after a combination of moves and a touch of falling stars against the group, still the creature's level was at least in the mid 20s, as thus although the attack was enough to knock them it didn't really caused enough damage. Still if that golem were to launch an attack the outcome would be catastrophic.

I should attack them, flying enemies are my speciality thought the young man yet now he was focused on keeping the mages knocked.

One of the newbies reduced the attack of the creature, Smart thinking, yet is still a low level reduction. Deep inside him he knew that one swing of the arm would reduce the meter of that newbie to 0.

And my own energy is already on its limit, soon I will be unnable to use skills....

9. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Lance

Cherry didn't know what it was like in a wheelchair. Still, she was remarkably kind. Her family gave Lance this remarkable wheelchair with a built-in gaming system, for once. It even supported that new game that just came out, that she also gave him. This is of course, not mentioning the love she'd shown him, as well as her other many presents she'd given him through the years after the unlucky accident that took his leg clean off.

The air smelled wonderful today, and Cherry's long, ginger hair blew against his head as they strolled on the sidewalk. Sometimes he wished he could just get up off this damned thing and give her the hug she deserved. If only everybody was like her. He grabbed into his pocket and retrieved an old 1969 penny, then he switched the console on.

Levin

Checking his inventory, making sure the blades of his knives were shiny, sharpened, and neatly arranged, Levin proceeded to smile. Today would be another productive day: just like any other. Apparently, some quest was going on that needed his attention. He was fairly certain that he was one of the highest-leveled players who would be participating, probably years above any average player, perhaps even close to the Saint Knight's own level. The guy had no sense of fun; this was a game, and it was meant to be played and enjoyed. Do something you can't do in real life. Be a mystery.

The area was bustling with combat, each individual fighting the smaller enemies and trying to ignore the golem. Levin watched and twirled at his red, curly hair, feeling a coin slide between his fingertips. To help, or not to help; that would be decided by luck. It twinkled in the air as it caught some light, then landed on it's tails side. The head of some president showed its face. Levin smiled; there'd be time for evil some other time.

Levin swung from knife to knife, sticking them into the ceiling as he went, his cape dangling down. For a second, he wondered if anyone saw him, but he shrugged it off. So what?

Moving just above the gigantic golem, he grabbed at his wand, which was styled purple and yellow with a diamond tip. Breathing in and out, he focused a whole bunch of negative energy exactly where he wanted it to in his mind. He shouted "NEGATIVE RING," then laughed as the ring formed around the monster and the gas poured into him. Within a few seconds, he launched off the ceiling and landed on its head, stabbing two knives directly into its head. He bounded off as the golem tried to hit him, too slow as the debuffs took effect, and landed on his neck.

Quickly, he made a show of bounding and leaping on the golem around it's chest and neck, stabbing into it wherever he could, as his knives trailed bright yellow energy. Leaping off, he rolled on the dirt, and swished his cape. The golem roared in pain as it absorbed all of the gases from the ring he'd created.

Sure, the knives barely did anything to its health bar, but it created quite a show. He still had quite a bit of mana left, so he was ready for anything.

"Here I am, Ladies and Gentlemen! The King of Miracles!"

10. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Rikki’s frowned at events unfolding on her PC. She wasn’t paying a monthly fee for shit like this.

Jesus.....

She breathed out a sigh as she took a last sip of her coke before she started typing again.

---

As the battle raged on player against The Golem and it’s the forces, the magical attacks being flung back and forth, scorching the air and health bars being damaged by the second. It was certainly a losing battle or at least the player watching figured it was. His sparkling gloves shined as he played with his white fedora.

It was certainly a losing battle or at least the player watching figured it was. His sparkling gloves shined as he played with his white fedora.

Damn is this what being at a slaughter house was like? No, cows and chickens would have put up a better fight then this.

It found a sparkling finger in its face.

Hey!” He snapped. “You ugly Golem fuck face.”

---

Her mouth stretched into a feline like grin as she clicked furiously and her voice boomed through her mic.

"Bosses like you are really a pain in the ass!" She groaned

---

"Bosses like you are really a pain in the ass!" The man in white repeated the uncivil slang word for word as suddenly his dress shoes caught fire and his left leg shot forward smashing into the Golem's.

FOOTLOOSE

"Been fighting to hard?" The man in white, Mitchell spoke. "You should really be punching your card."

Mitchell didn't waste time to continue his assault as he spun his body in a twirl in ballet fashion to send a flaming heel into the jaw of the Golem.

11. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

"Been fighting to hard?" The man in white, Mitchell spoke. "You should really be punching your card."

Mitchell didn't waste time to continue his assault as he spun his body in a twirl in ballet fashion to send a flaming heel into the jaw of the Golem.

Before The Mission Begun:

He sat there completely stuck in a trance that was swindled by his own hand. His eyes didn't move from the computer screen for a second while he scrolled through this thread in the discussion part of the Vortex system. The name of the thread the boy was deep into you ask? It only had two words for a name "Tha Fuck". "Up to two thousand three hundred and forty two entries now huh?" asked the boy to himself in a low but booming with pride voice. The brown haired boy moved his hair from in front of his eyes, once again it was just long enough to block his view a little bit. He kept scrolling through the multiple replies on that thread.

1. You guys know it was once said Tha Fuck took on a level 20 migrating goblin with one attack

2. Are you kidding me? Tha Fuck is so overrated. [Reply To Message #6]

6. Tha Fuck is probably the strongest player in all of Vortex

100. Tha Fuck and the Saint Knight are apparently best friends in the game and go on quests with each other for fun and not for experience

2104. I met Tha Fuck today, it is obvious that he is new his level is low, but he battles so well.

A smile grew on the young boy's face. It pushed his cheeks up to almost reach his eyes. Once again he felt triumphant, his experience with games finally paid off to make him a legend amongst gamers. He quickly unplugged his mouse and keyboard from where they had been previously and hooked up his Mark 7 PC Arcade Stick by HardGames. Now that he finished customizing all of his attacks with certain arcade buttons, he decided it was time to go into a quest that would really get his fingers itchy for some brawling. The black sleek arcade box shined as his fingers slowly creeped onto the buttons as his right hand lowered itself gently onto the stick. Delta was positive that this day would change his life forever, or something like that. Either way...he was practically pissing his pants, but he wouldn't admit it. His hazel eyes stared deeply into the pixels as the bar filled itself completely and the digits formed his favorite percentage 100.

Currently:

The man stood there as the chaos around him unfolded. So many golems, there was a gunslinger, someone who reminded him of his Mom's family passed down "smooth criminal" poster, magic users, but most importantly the Saint Knight. This well toned young adult stood with his arms to his side. The muscles could practically bee seen through the tight sleeves of his black button up. Thank God his chest was covered up by his black aviator jacket. His foot tapped the ground as he was about to be rushed by a knife glider. The armadillo looking creature practically skated towards him with its sharp appendages sticking from its body. The blue eyes of this man stayed on the creature until it got within two feet of him.

Within a split second pale white hand moved up an arcade stick while pressing a white button on an arcade box. At .001 secs of the same time, the character in game used his large calves covered by black track pants and jumped up into the sky. Above this figure that just dodged a deadly attack was a two word username: Tha Fuck. As Tha Fuck landed behind the creature, Delta pulled up his inventory with a few short button presses and selected a small ice potion within the same amount of button presses. Tha Fuck gripped the freezing glass bottle as the furious monster faced it's opponent once again. The attacker had become quite angry, but the only thing it was greeted with was a glass bottle to the face. As the face of this creature froze, Delta's previous grin returned. Delta pressed a single button in a split second and a tanned white fist plunged into the face of the monster.

As the monster shattered and hit the floor, the tall tanned white man with light blue eyes and dark ear length hair looked at the floor as more enemies gathered behind him. Tha Fuck then stood up tall and said in a mild tone, "Did you really think you could keep up with me? It was once said Tha Fuck outran a lighting attack!" Tha Fuck then turned on his heels and charged for his other opponents.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  12. BrandonrockstheAM

Cherry

Lance was clearly engrossed in his game, his eyes narrow as they always were, and his fingers pressed each key purposefully. It was as if he was always judging and critical of everyone around him. It was such a good thing then, that he found his own family as some of the highest people in the world. His red hair blew with the wind, along with a few peach leaves from the beautiful tree that had been planted in their courtyard a few years ago.

Recently, ever since the... incident... he'd been less connected with people. Engrossed in all his games, he saw himself as an individual separate from everyone else. Maybe this was something he was going through as a teen, but in his diary, he often wrote of his family as their names. He never called them his parents, or even Cherry as his sister. Maybe he just didn't want to associate himself with his family after his uncle did what he did.

Either way, he was still very kind and considerate, perhaps even more so than Cherry herself. She remembered when she read through his pages on his school life. She smiled, and ruffled Lance's hair. He didn't even look up.

Levin

The fight went on, with more people being more involved. Levin grasped at his knife, as a few damage-dealers took on the golem now that he was weakened. Less people were getting harmed by the golem now, which was good. Helping was the right thing to do, at least in this situation. He would make sure that these creatures were defeated. If only he could get some of the higher-leveled damage-dealers to hit the golem before the 5-minute cooldown.

He stood proudly, now focusing on a gargoyle that flew towards him, long fangs hanging down and horns that curled fiercely. It lifted its head back and shot a blast of fire at Levin, and with a quick burst of buttons, he bounded out of the way and lifted his wand, shooting a bolt of negative energy at the gargoyle. It roared in pain, responding as the debuff took effect. With a burst of speed, Levin leaped up in the air, sent positive energy roaring into his two sharpest knives, and stabbed them straight through its head, all in a single heartbeat. He hung on its head for a second, then pulled the knives out and stabbed it again in the chest. Pulling out, he flung himself away from the gargoyle as it clawed at him.

Grabbing his knives, he spun towards the gargoyle, jumping in the air and speeding up till he was a spinning top. He impacted with it and dug a hole through its chest. It gasped out a weak, hot breath then collapsed into a cloud of black dust. He withdrew the positive energy from his knives and breathed in and out. This was too much effort for someone with so high a level. It would be so much easier if he could have a pure damage-dealer beside him to rely on to deal most of the damage.

Looking over to the side, he saw a man with an attire that suggested a very terrible sense of style. He froze a creature with an ice potion, then smashed it with his fist. He looked like a potent damage-dealer. He looked at the character's name and scowled. "The Fuck"... the guy had no taste in names when he created his profile.

He bounded over away from some enemies coming closer to him and leaped towards where the man was, being surrounded by enemies.

"Hey. I help you, you help protect me and help defeat the golem. How does that sound?" Levin said, lifting his hand which still glowed with positive energy. The air felt pleasant and warm as the man came closer.

13. TheLeonard112

The young Delta had been quite satisfied with his last performance of skill. He felt at this pace, he could show the Saint Knight how cool he was. Delta placed his hand back on the joy stick as he was about to charge into a group of enemies without any real plan in place. But, everything came to a halt when Tha Fuck was approached by another character inside the Vortex. As Delta got a good look of this guy's outfit he was amazed.

Delta sat back in his chair, it felt like hours he sat there pondering, when it was really a very few short seconds. "....This guy looks so sick..." Delta whispered to himself, leaning back far enough no one in game should be able to hear. As the brunette boy sat back up in his swirly chair he grasped the joystick and replaced his fingers again.

"Hey. I help you, you help protect me and help defeat the golem. How does that sound?"

"That username is pretty average though." Delta thought to himself. "Alright, sure! This golem shouldn't be too hard, Tha Fuck once beat a pack of Dead Forest Gray Lions in two turns." Delta spoke into the mic with utter confidence. "So, what would the plan be, Levi?" asked Tha Fuck, his mouth moving as realistically as a humans on the real Earth.

14. BrandonrockstheAM

Levin

Well, at least he was eager. Overconfident, but eager. Levin placed his hand directly onto Tha Fuck's forehead, flooding into him a surge of positive energy, buffing all of his stats by nearly one half and making Tha Fuck feel like he could do anything in the world.

"The golem is already weakened by me, as you can see by the negative ring surrounding him that I put up. I need you to attack him with some of your more powerful attacks, and bring his health down. Otherwise this opportunity will be wasted. Any enemies you may fight, I will also help you by debuffing them to the best of my abilities. I have enough mana to consistently keep you buffed for a while if we stay together." Levin eyed the variety of monsters surrounding them.

"I don't do much damage on my own, but I can help you destroy all of them. The result is that we both gain a load of experience. Trust me, I've done this hundreds of times."

"Anyway, the plan is to barrel straight through these enemies around us to the golem. Then, we circle around it and strike where it can't see us. How about it?" Levin smiled, presenting his charming and regular white and gold-styled side to Tha Fuck.

15. lixAxil

Despite the disadvantage, the players managed to overcome the enemies and their numbers had been diminished, also the Golem boss had already lost at least a quarter of it's life and been heavily debuffed.

Outside the screen the young man smiled, they finally could counterattack the creature, these two players were good that was certain.

Ok... it's my turn...... Thought the younger

Inside the screen the gunslinger adopted a complex position, it was preparing something.

The cast time is of 30 seconds, though one into play it's really devastating..... Ok here I go.

It was on the previous version recalled, the younger who oftened listened to music was on that moment hearing a popular song from a very popular british band, perhaps the most famous song of the group, it was then when his character, the gunslinger, gained enough skill points to develop a new one, and then it put a suicidal tactic on the move yet enough to seriously injure a strong enemy, and the name?.... the song he was listening to on that moment.

"BOHEMIAN RHAPSO.........!!!" exclaimed the younger through the headset yet a surprise interrupted him.

It happend in a quick instant that felt in slow motion, sure they slowed down the boss and even debuffed him heavily... yet they only delayed the inevitable... and the delay was over.
    The gunslinger and other characters had no time to execute their moves, the big creature enlarged its arms and waved them in a furious, fast and wild assault that hit everywhere and everyone, no one was able to avoid it and those who were extremely close received the biggest damage.
    The youger's man character was pushed and it's health meter depleted very fast, he visualized how some of the characters exploded into burst of lights once they had been completely defeated and their number was quickly reduced as many were just newbies, luckily for others some of the healer classes casted on a few before the assault a barrier that allowed them to withstand a fatal hit. The assault ended and all were pushed as far as possible and crashed against the walls, several newbies and even advanced players were killed while those that had the luck to be protected were now at 1 point of health, regarding the gunslinger, it had enough level and was at a good distance so he didn't receive the full impact, still his health was reduced to 1/10 and it sparkled in red warning the player to take care.

Wasn't this a low level boss?.... thought the young man nervously staring at his screen.

The players recovered sa fast as they could, however they quickly found that the number of minions had increased and even some healing units were recovering the boss.

"That's no fair!!!" exclaimed one of the players. Luckily for them though the debuffs still were working, shamefully their moral was probably down at this point.

However something unexpected happened, a loud sound behind them, some turned around to see what was going on, others just moved the camera of the game; the wall that separated the group into two suddenly was cracked into numerous pieces that bursted out of control.
    In front of them the other side of the party lead by Gildur stood triumphantly.

"What?, you haven't finished your Golem yet?" asked the Saint Knight in a mocking tone.
    "We beat down that bastard quickly and then found that the wall could be broken... So let me give you a hand." stated reading his weapon, a bright golden sword developed by him of course but its stats were probably the trophy of some high level quest.
    The side of Gildur was composed by a variety of characters that was pretty much equivalent to the other side, still with the commands of teh Saint Knight they managed to overcome the threat. And repeating the same pattern he ordered several moves that the confused players followed, in just an instant the wounded characters recovered part of their health, others were revived and they were ready to continue the fight.
    The Saint Knight charged against the creature raising the blade and launching some outstanding move that quickly lowered a fair portion of health.

"Now we're the double, this prick will go down easily!! hey the damage dealers some help here, I can't kill this guy alone you know?. Close distance to the Golem, long distance the minions, special dealers contain the movements!!!" exclaimed.

The gunslinger quickly assumed its role, it felt a bit dissapointed as he couldn't release Bohemian Rhapsody and the cooldown was too long, still it was a relief that their situation improved and thus he destroyed the horde of minions as fast as he could.

16. TheApprentice

Shawn was slightly irritated. He should have figured that a battle like this would be difficult, especially considering De Sade was a new character.

De Sade got up, with only a single point of health. And fuck, no potions!

Other advanced players had arrived, but this did not exempt De Sade from having to fight. De Sade raised his hand, and a blast of ice traveled out, hitting the golem, as De Sade stayed as far back away from the golem as possible. One hit would destroy De Sade, and he would not be quick enough to dodge.

17. mmarage

I had managed to cast my barrier just in time, along with the other healers in the party, I had just a little over ten hit points left, I fell to my knees panting. "Maaaaan... this is really tough..." I mumbled, I got up and raised my staff into the air. "Oh, please hear my prayer!" I said, the staff's orb glowed and above me a feather covered object appeared, the wings unfurled showing a golden bell beneath, the feathers fell to the ground as the bell began to ring, my health was restored to half of what it originally was. "Whew... much better." I thought.

I sighed in relief as Gildur busted through the wall separating us, he ordered long distance damage dealers to deal with the minions, a good idea with my pathetically low level. "Right." I said, I brought my staff and tome to my chest. "Please, hear my wish, decimate my enemies!" I said, I thrust the staff toward the most closely grouped minions and grinned as three stars smashed into them.

18. TheLeonard112

Tha Fuck's blue eyes shined as he was filled with extraordinary power by the magic user known as Levin. Yet, lost in the ecstasy of the power within him, he was too distracted to notice the Golem's attacks toward him. The humongous rock arm of the Golem swung and hit Tha Fuck with tremendous strength and speed. The dark hair, blue eyed character went flailing through the air then tumbled back to the ground. Delta snickered in frustration as he saw the legend he had created by bare hand slide and skid across the floor of the battle field.

The young man immediately took his right hand and spun the joy stick around in continuous circles so that he could bring Tha Fuck back up to his feet. "What!" Delta exclaimed noticing how low his health bar was after a single attack. The ease of being able to injure his character so heavily was taken as an insult to Delta. "I'm gonna continue to follow the original plan, Levin." Tha Fuck exclaimed as he jumped into the air but multiple meters forward simultaneously. Tha Fuck's black sneakers kicked off the faces of multiple creatures as he circled around the Golem. Delta was almost caught in a trace of the rhythmic sounds of his constant button pressing.

Tha Fuck moved from head to head with pure grace, taking every head as an advantage to gain speed. As he finally made it behind the Golem, less powerful enemies came from behind him. Delta didn't even acknowledge them by facing them with his avatar. Tha Fuck then did multiple back jumps, with every one gaining speed and distance. From this he landed on the face of one of the larger minor enemies. Tha Fuck balanced himself on the face of the enemy and bent his legs as if he were going to do a squat with his heels together. From this act the muscles in his calf were shown, as if they were on display for a museum or porn mag, through his pants. (lol) He then kicked off the face of the enemy, sending the creature's head flying into the ground behind the him.

Delta watched as his character glided through the air like the Pegasus he believed him to be. Not letting himself be distracted again, Delta allowed himself to see if what Levin said was true as he went into his inventory and selected a fire potion. Delta then prepared himself to put in a combo that would do a high amount of damage but take up a lot of stamina, so much that he would not be able to fight for a while after. "Levin are you sure you can provide me more stamina after this or at least cover me, I'll burn myself out!" Tha Fuck yelled while gliding through the air.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  19. BrandonrockstheAM

Levin

"Levin are you sure you can provide me more stamina after this or at least cover me, I'll burn myself out!" Tha Fuck shouted at Levin.

Levin looked on as he stabbed another gargoyle. Jumping on top of it, away from the claws of a bear-like creature, he spun in the air toward where he'd heard Tha Fuck's voice. Within a second, bright, glowing energy came out of Levin's wand and he flung it at Tha Fuck, absorbing into the man. Tha Fuck's stats rose yet again, and the damage-dealer felt refreshed and powerful.

With that in mind, Levin dove back to the ground, rolling perfectly on the ground. He whisked back and confronted the bear. It towered above him, had dark black fur, and claws that shone in the presence of the glowing yellow energy still being emitted by Levin's knives. It roared, and Levin almost backed off. It was half his level, but still a damage-dealer type enemy. Not a good combination. He breathed in and out, feeling his own positive energy collect inside him.

The bear swung its claws quickly, and Levin ducked, and swung himself under the bear, and stabbed its knees, then twisted the knives. The bear fell with a roar of pain, and Levin jumped on its head and jammed his knives quick into its head. The bear again roared, and swung his paw unexpectedly at Levin, knocking him off. Behind his screen, Lance grimaced. 10% health loss was not a good thing, especially when no claws were even involved.

Levin stood in the middle of the flurry of black dust that dissolved into space after he stabbed his last knife. His mana was now at half, and his health was at 60%. He must've flung at least 3 bolts at the bear, and it had still been incredibly hard. He retreated to a corner of the cave where he could watch, observe, and possibly help without putting himself in direct danger.

20. TheApprentice

De Sades blade smashed an enemy into many shards of ice, after he hit the monster with his ice bolt attack. He then spun around with his long sword and swung into the head of a smaller golum, smashing it's head apart and killing it.

Shawn saw that the other players were not doing so well, and knew that it was in his best interests if they survived. There was no way De Sade could take on the remaining enemies alone, especially with 1% health and no potions.

Another low level golum ran up to De Sade and swung its stone fist, but the fist was met with the blade of De Sade's sword, causing it to shatter. Lifting the blade upwards, De Sade thrust downward onto the golum's head, smashing it and finishing off the golum.

De Sade then raised his arm and let out another bolt of frost, hitting the large, main boss golum, slowing it down temporarily. Shawn hoped this would not aggro the boss to attack De Sade, since there were many higher level characters attacking the golum and inflicting much more damage. Then De Sade turned and hit a random golum who was rushing at one of the players, and with a rush of orange light, a fire ball crashed into it, but did not kill it completely.

Shawn knew that fire was not the best magic against stone enemies, but he didn't feel like waiting for the cool down to end.

21. TheLeonard112

Delta stared at the screen noticing that everyone was seeming to have a mix between trouble and ease. Yet, after realizing that a character named De Sade decided to attack the boss Golem, Delta decided it was time to use the most powerful attack he could muster at the moment.

Gliding in mid air, Tha Fuck pulled multiple potions out of seemingly nowhere. They varied in color, one red, one light blue, one seemed to flash white, while the final seemed empty. Just a second before Tha Fuck's display of items Delta laid his hands upon his sleek black instrument of destruction and selected his inventory. "I'll have to use all the elemental potions I have at the moment to preform the strongest combo I have right now." Delta had said through his mic. Delta then went to inventory and selected his fire, water, lightning, and wind potions. Back to current time: Tha Fuck unzipped his jacket and unbuttoned his shirt. Tha Fuck showed off his hairless, tanned, and built chest. His entire upper body seemed tobe sculpted of stone. Tha Fuck's light blue eyes grew with anticipation as he smashed every bottle in his hand against his body.

Jumping earlier allowed the living fraud of a legend to be in the air higher than the golem, this helped him prepare himself for this attack as he fell back toward the boss. "I sure hope this does something." Delta thought in his head. Delta's character info on the bottom right of the screen told him that Tha Fuck was using multiple magic potions at once. Delta placed his hand on the arcade stick in front of him and set his fingers over buttons that would be used for a certain combo.

Tha Fuck fell toward the Golem. His black hair blew up in the wind and his chest was wet from multiple potions. He then put both of his arms behind him and prepared for an attack on the golem. "Planet Crasher!!!" Tha Fuck screamed with an enthralled look upon his face. Both arms began to burn hot with red fire, simultaneously currents of wind swirled around the same appendages. His knuckles sounded as if they were constantly cracking as lightning had formed around them causing the sound of thunder. The power of the elements rushed through his hand. Opening the palms that were surrounded by three elements consisting of fire, lightning, and wind, he sprayed water onto the golem to increase the damage of the lighting attack. Tha Fuck threw both his fist in front of him looking like a superman that was crashing to the Earth. "This is gonna consume my energy a lot..." Delta said himself somehwat concerned

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  22. lixAxil

Battle was fierce but it went smoothly, their numbers now increased and their strenght recovered the team quickly overcome the threat. While the long distance damage dealer contained the minions, other players focused their attacks into the mechanical giant stone creature, a combination of magical and physical strikes that quickly depleted the health of the golem, and then after ten minutes of struggle the creature's health meter was completely empty.
    It begun to shake and wave and with a burst of light it exploded together with its minions, the animation was not just fantastic it was so perfect it felt real. On the same spot where the boss stood a small number of loot and decent level of equip-modifier fell. Also the long travel through the temple rewarded low level players with a big level up, on the progress some of the newbies raised to level 13-15.
    Being this a game that allowed a nigh perfect customization, the armors, weapons and accesories that the players would gain in different quests would be in the shape of modifiers, item that gave the stat and bonus to a weapon designed by the player themselves, thus they could maintain the thematic of their character.

"Hahahah! That was a good setup, never thought our party would be splitted in a double boss fight!!" exclaimed Gildur clearly excited. "Let's move, we gotta get the key!!"

After that all followed the Saint Knight and after opening the big door inside the structure they found the treasure of the quest, the first key. A message popped up stating the obvious "Key retrieving succesful, quest complete", together with this a bright light envloped the hall and after a while the party found themselves inside a big and lively city called Aurora, the center of the fictional world that Vortex's Crusaders enveloped.

"Yeaaah! we made it!!!" "That was crazy.." "Got a nice modifier inside there..." "So our team made it first???" The chatter begun, all the relaxed players were enjoying their victory. This was after all a limited quest, only a week of time to do it, and only one try for any team, it was practically an elimination process and those who passed it would advance to the next step, the second key's quest and then the third, all to reach the ultimate quest added on the latest expansion.

"Of course we made it!! we are the best!!!" exclaimed the Saint Knight. "Btw, we're a team now to do the key's quests, lemme add you to contacts" said while asking the name of the players.

"Right... we have to stay all in contact..." replied the young man who played the gunslinger.... "Add me, name's Levance, though you can see the name of my character on its personal info..." said a bit rushed...
    "Sorry I gotta log out, need to help with the work, seeya.." said finally and then his avatar disappeared as if it were to had been removed from the existence.

"L-E-V-A-N-C-E Added!!!" Exclaimed the Saint Knight to no the now empty space...
    "Oh he logged off... I'll be here for a while, but also'll log out soon xDDD" Stated, strangely although using a VR's headset, he spoke the emoticon himself.
    "Come to think... haven't named the team yet no?, Any suggestions?"

23. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

A team name?

Hmmm

A team name?

That’s a tricky one. The team itself was so bizarre and mixed match Rikki thought as she made her player character ‘Mitchell’ mimic her by scratching his chin.

Yes a very obscure group they were…..no strike that they were fucking mega obscure and group with such uniqueness required a flashy name or a punk kinda name.

Something that would express their sheer awesomeness! Was she thinking to hard perhaps? The name certainly didn’t need to be overly complex.

A lot of the best bands and teams had simple and to the point names that were nonsensical. Sooooo maybe something badass but completely weird would work, like what if they were the fucking Chimney Sweeps! That’s it!

And with that she spoke into her mic.

---

“Let’s be the Chimney Sweeps.” Mitchell said. “Think about it. The other players would never see that shit coming.”

He snapped his gloved fingers. “Most of all in PvP we would totally throw them off guard and little would they know is that the Chimney Sweeps are one of the best groups in Vortex.”

He coughed or more accurately speaking ‘she’ coughed lightly as she went on. “Plus….kinda sounds like an awesome grunge band doesn't it?”

24. TheApprentice

"Ah. That name sounds retarded." Shawn thought "A grunge band? Not even close!" There was no way in hell he was going to let the group be called the chimney sweeps.

"Chimney Sweeps? Come on, man. Not bad ass at all! I say we call ourselves the Iron Bastards! Or the Dungeon Lords! Maybe it sounds cliche, but anything is better than Chimney Sweeps." De Sade said, in a dark, evil sounding voice much unlike Shawns real voice.

The funny thing is, no matter how hard Shawn tried to make the most badass character there is, anyone could tell he was probably a loser in real life. He tried much too hard.

25. mmarage

I was just grinning as I saw how high I had risen in levels from a single quest, I couldn't wait to breeze through the early quests and receive a crap ton of money and items, I had given a peace sign to the fallen monsters. "Never bet against a great sorcerer!" I said grinning, doing my best to not show any of the fear and relief that I had through my voice. I grabbed any modifiers that hadn't been claimed by someone else, I'd keep the ones that would be useful later to me, since most of these would obviously be far above my current level, and then just sell the rest that I couldn't use or wouldn't be useful. I then returned to Aurora with everyone.

I listened to the two suggestions, the Chimney Sweeps was kind of lame... and De Sade was trying too hard and his suggestions were pretty lame as well, I tilted my head and put one finger to my chin. "...Oath Keepers? Serenity? Divinity?" I asked.