1. badgerjelly

badgerjelly Contributor Contributor

Structure

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by badgerjelly, Aug 10, 2013.

Here to advance my general understanding of grammar and structure.

I am confident in my imagination and the content I wish to communicate but feel I am seriously lacking in basic presentation.

Does anyone actually write structured poetry here? I have taken a quick look but have not found a single poem that holds any kind of coherent form of rhythm. I myself tend to write more prose than actual rhythmic poetry but I would like to develop further and challenge myself.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i do... but i don't post it here...

you can browse the 'philosetry' section under 'writings' on my website to find the myriad ways i structure my poetic works... and if you want any help while developing/challenging yourself in that art form, i mentor many aspiring poets as well as all other writer breeds, always have time for one more...

welcome aboard!

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

There's an active poetry group on the forum, I think a lot of the critique comments address problems with structure. You might be able to help others and grow at the same time.