1. Starryblu

Starryblu Member

Introducing.........Me.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Starryblu, Sep 17, 2016.

Ha....great title. So, I think my writing isn't terrible, and I try to think positive about it. My main problem is getting it done.

I love to write, I'm just too critical of what I do. So it sits there. I get very busy over-thinking what I write, and researching facts, so not much gets written.

Anyway...I am an old mom of three grown sons. I always have to tell that my middle son passed away seven years ago. I feel very sorry for myself, and I miss him terribly. My other two boys are married, and I have four grandchildren. I am aiming for the "Weirdest Grammie In The World" award.

I am in a same sex marriage. We made it legal last October, on the beach, here in NC. It rained through the whole ceremony, and I thought it was fantastic.

So that's me. Weird, but a nice person. I've been in this community a long time, but finally got around to introducing myself. Sorry I've taken so long!

Lifeline likes this.
  2. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Hello, Charlene. Welcome along :)

3. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hey, and welcome :)

Don't feel bad about researching, I have the same problem on and off. If it wasn't so fascinating I wouldn't read/watch so much, though I believe firmly that it makes my WIP better - so that's a good enough reason! As long as you plod along regardless I give you official permission ;)

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Welcome , and I agree with lifeline ,too much research is definitely preferable to not enough. The more you do the better your work will be, it only becomes an issue if you are using it to procrastinate (which i did a lot until i joined here ... i suggest a progress journal here as a good way of motivating yourself to actually crack on)

Lifeline likes this.
  5. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Research in sometimes unavoidable, but I loath it and do everything possible to avoid it.

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I actually quite like it but i suppose it depends what you are researching ... as my novel is about special forces for me a lot of the research is about guns and ammo and things that go bang (and a thinly disguised excuse to see my friends who are still in the forces )

7. Starryblu

Starryblu Member

thank you all for the warm welcome!!

Lifeline, you are indeed a wonderful person. I love permission for my obsessions! Really, thank you all, you have confirmed for me what I have thought all along about the researching. I do think I use it as a means to avoid writing. I have a good story line, but if I find myself wondering what I want to carry on with next.....well, research something, lol.

I will admit as well that I worry about my facts being correct, but I will admit that I dig too deep sometimes. I get off on a tangent just because something in the research will interest me, and I continue on, far past the point of what I was originally trying to understand. Ah well, only causing myself problems, I suppose.

Thanks again for the welcome, this seems like an interesting forum, and I look forward to stumbling my way around. I'm very good at stumbling, so don't be surprised if you see me doing/saying something silly that doesn't make a lot of sense. My children tell me I'm kind of strange.

8. karldots92

karldots92 Active Member

Welcome, Looking forward to sharing ideas

9. Starryblu

Starryblu Member

thanks, karldots92. i'm happy to be here. looks like a great place.