1. Farryn

Farryn New Member

Introducing me!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Farryn, Sep 21, 2016.

My name is Farryn, I am a screenwriter and novel writer. I am eighteen years old, born within England, and I just recently got out of education and out into the big ocean called adulthood. Farryn isn't my real name, but instead it's a name I prefer to go by on the Internet

I began writing back in 2009, after reading Anthony Horowitz's 'Power of Five Series' (A really good book series, mind you) which truly inspired me to begin writing. Of course, my writing wasn't the best back then, but I truly went at it with my writing. Over the next couple of years, my writing grew better, I even attempted to get some books of mine published while I was still in high school (middle school in American terms)! I got rejected nine times though, but I still kept writing. To this day, I am still writing with a passion! I have wrote at least over six or seven versions of the same book, as well as many other different stories.

Aside from books, I hold a big love for films. I took film studies in 2011-2012 and I immediately fell in love with the subject. I grew to realise the true dedication and work that went into the films and I have since admired films. My favourite films are Vertigo, Gone Girl, the Harry Potter films, and many other films that are fantasy, supernatural, slightly psychological, and quite realistic. Not to mention I love their soundtracks as well, as some can really set the mood and atmosphere, especially when you are watching the films in the cinemas.

My hobbies include writing novels, reading novels and mangas, watching anime and films, going for walks, listening to film soundtracks and orchesta music. I love drinking tea (not just because I am British), as well as eating ramen, noddles, and pasta.

I've joined this forum in hopes of being able to improve my writing, as well as meet new people from around the world, helping them with their writing. Plus, I want to see the many stories people have wrote, and help them along the way. So um, thanks for having me.

- Farryn.

IituRSI and Georgina Bass like this.
  2. Georgina Bass

Georgina Bass Member

Your post is long enough to read. :meh:

3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Welcome Farryn - I wish i'd had the balls to start writing at age 18 instead of waiting til i was 43 . i'll look forward to seeing some of your stuff arround the forum

4. Farryn

Farryn New Member

I actually started writing when I was around 12-13 years old. Still, goes to show that there is no limit to what age when you can beginning writing novels at.

5. IituRSI

IituRSI New Member

Watching anime? Going for walks? Tea? Noodles? Writing? You're just like me, then! :D

Farryn likes this.
  6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Well strictly i wrote my first book aged about 9 - it was basically a plaigarised version of watership down for my little sister about a rabbit that was rescued by a little girl and taken to live on a big hill with all his friends ( some what different to my recent writings about recon commandos vs psychotic tribesmen)

7. karldots92

karldots92 Active Member

Hi Farryn Welcome to the forum! Great to see the creative juices flowing in one so young. I'm from Ireland and I started writing when I was about 13 but I left it aside for a few years (too busy getting drunk in college and then figuring out how to adult :p) and I've only gotten back into it in the last couple of years. I'm a big fan of fantasy & sci-fi but I also enjoy reading history. You'll like it here. The people on here are really helpful and its great to get an insight into other peoples take on the whole writing process. Looking forward to sharing ideas.