1. Doughty12

Doughty12 New Member

Introducing Myself :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Doughty12, May 22, 2015.

Hi everyone!

One of my writing groups recommended this site in late March, and I joined to participate in the April Poem of the Day challenge.

I really enjoyed the taking part in the PAD posts and reading the poetry other people shared, so I wanted to introduce myself here on the forum and start to take part in the Writer's Digest community more actively. [​IMG]

In terms of an introduction, my pen name is Bob and I'm a freelance fiction writer located in
    Croydon, PA
    . I've sold 16 short stories since I started writing 'seriously' in 2013. I've also written one book of poetry that I'm still editing a bit before sending out to potential publishers, and this year I'm attempting my first novel (and suffering all the anxiety and self-doubt that comes with it! lol)

My goal is to finish my novel in time for the RWA convention next year [​IMG]

I don't really have a set genre that I write in. I love any type of heavily character-driven story.
    The stories I've sold so far are primarily horror, sci-fi, romantic and adult, though (or a mix of those 4 genres). I am playing around with an idea for a steam-punk short story though, so I might be branching out in that direction over the next few days. I'll probably be begging for guidance within a day or two [​IMG] lol

I'm really looking forward to expanding my writing skills, finding new inspiration, and making some 'writing friends' with the help of this group [​IMG]

KaTrian likes this.
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Bob, and welcome to the forum!

Wow, 16 stories sold! That's amazing! Congratulations. :) Sounds like you're gonna have to guide us instead of the other way around. :D

Here's our New Member Guide to get you started. Explore, participate, and have fun!

-Kat

3. Sheadra

Sheadra Member

I hope I can say some of these things one day! Congratulations and welcome! We are glad to have you here.