1. Waves

Waves New Member

Here's a hastily put-together introduction!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Waves, May 25, 2016.

Hey all, I'm Waves. I've been doing creative writing since high school, but up until now I've just been writing into the void. I'd write a story and move on to the next one without seeking any real criticism. So I joined this writing forum in the hopes of learning from all of you fantastic people :)

A little bit about me - I'm currently a third year university student majoring in Computer Science and minoring in Japanese. My favourite animal is a raccoon and my interests include video games, playing hockey/basketball, pokemon, anime, improvisational theatre and of course writing.

I hope you all have a great day!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Would you settle for a crisp high five and a half eaten bag of stale popcorn? O_O :superlaugh:

Welcome to the madhouse, there are many lovely people here that would love to help you on your epic quest of writing. (Watch out for Napoleon):supergrin:

TakeThis.jpg This is the standard issue armament around these parts. Good Luck, and C-ya around the forum. :supercool:

Waves, Oscar Leigh and Mumble Bee like this.
  3. Mumble Bee

Mumble Bee Keep writing. Contributor

The fact that these are two separate things to you tells me more than anything else in your introduction ever could :)

Glad to have ya around, if you need any help feel free to message @Oscar Leigh

I see you've already met our resident @Cave Troll , don't worry, his bark is worse than his bite. The smell though, he really ought to get out of that cave sometime.

Anyways, welcome to the Madhouse, here's your complimentary straight jacket.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
    Waves, Oscar Leigh and Cave Troll like this.
  4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    @Chained Hey now I have bathed within the past 24hrs, though I will admit I need to clean up the cave. :superlaugh:

Oscar Leigh and Mumble Bee like this.
  5. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

I think there has been enough welcoming to the madhouse for once. :supershock: Hmm, I need an alternative to my usual line...:superthink:
    I am pleased to introduce you to this house of great sanity!:supergrin:
    Anyway, great to see more people! Welcome, welcome! Hope university is going well. What country are you in, if you're comfortable telling?
    (Fedora mode) I think Chained fails to recognize that Pokemon started as a game. So yeah, different. :supercool:
    Anyway, I hope you have fun and learn and get good feedback! Do you have anything for review?
    See you!:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Waves likes this.
  6. Mumble Bee

Mumble Bee Keep writing. Contributor

(Dons fedora and neck beard)

Cave Troll likes this.
  7. Oscar Leigh

Well, maybe it's because it's Pokemon as a combined anime and video games franchise. Which means neither video games nor anime is the category. Plus they also have books and crap too.

Cave Troll and Mumble Bee like this.
  8. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to WF! :)
    Sounds like you'll fit right in! And how cool you're studying Japanese. I've heard it's a quite challenging language to learn.

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started.

See you around!

-Kat

Waves and Oscar Leigh like this.
  9. Waves

Waves New Member

Stale popcorn and crisp high fives are actually how I sustain myself on a day to day basis. :D

Thanks so much for the welcome! It's a good thing I got my kitten wielding certificate just the other day.

See the thing is I'm actually a huge fan of Pokémon haha. So as someone trying to be the very best like no one ever was, I felt I needed to distinguish it! Also, thanks for the welcome guys!

I'm currently in Canada and yeah I actually have a few pieces I'm eager to share! I'm also really digging the posting rules (2 critiques for every item you want to post). I can't wait to read everyone's stories :)

Thank you! I took Japanese in first year, realized I loved it and just kept taking it. The kanji was definitely rough at first but it's one of those things where you learn to love it.

Cave Troll likes this.
  10. Oscar Leigh

Ooh! Ooh! Could you please do a critique for my piece "Conversation With an Angel"? I would be very grateful.:supercute:

11. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

When you use "fedora" and "neck beard" in the same sentence, it seems like you're talking about Linux.

Welcome, Waves!

Oscar Leigh likes this.