1. Lilith Addington

Lilith Addington Member

Procrastinating perfectionist seeks writing improvement - hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lilith Addington, Apr 8, 2016.

Hi!
    My name’s Lily, and I'm currently a freshman in high school. I’ve been writing short stories since I was about six years old. Those little creations on my dad’s old manual typewriter were the seeds of my aspiration to be a writer. I’ve always had a very busy mind, and I’ve always felt at home with words. Over the past several years, I have tried many times to finish one of my longer stories, to see it through to the end - but to no avail. Either another story idea comes up, rudely demanding my attention and distracting me from my ongoing project, or my inspiration for the original story runs dry, so that my plot falls flatter than a sunken soufflé. So I am here in hopes of improving myself as a writer; of learning how to properly flesh out characters and how to create plots that spiral into perfect story arcs.
    I'm looking forward to meeting and learning from all of you! :)

GLWriting likes this.
  2. JD Anders

JD Anders Member

Welcome!

I am now a freshman in college, and I too have been writing since the days I first learned how to. Joining this board has already helped me tremendously, and I expect it will do the same for you :) Good luck!

3. Topaztock

Topaztock Member

Hi! Yeah, this board will be good for you, you'll get out of it what you put in!

4. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

I, too, first started writing when I was about six on my mother's typewriter. But I'm a hell of a lot older than you... not that that means anything, but there you are.

Check my signature below for my recommendations for honing skills in writing.

5. Lilith Addington

Lilith Addington Member

Thanks so much to everyone!