1. phara0h

phara0h New Member

Aspiring writer from Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by phara0h, Jul 3, 2016.

Hi guys, my name is Jade. I'm 23 years old and live in Melbourne, Australia.

I love writing, almost anything and everything. However I've been extremely lazy with my passion my entire life. Recently I created a Wordpress blog and shared it on my Facebook and the response I received was overwhelming. It's given me motivation and confidence to continue writing more regularly, with the ultimate dream being to turn my passion into a career.

I'd appreciate it more than you'll ever know if you could take a minute to have a read of my work, and maybe even possibly critique it if you have time!

engageyourtongue.wordpress.com

I look forward to learning many things and meeting some fantastic members that I'm sure frequent this board. Thanks guys!

bonijean2 and Terrie000 like this.
  2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

:superhello: Hya! You will learn many things here, styles, techniques and different opinions which will help you realise in the end you can write pretty much how you like! Are you working on anything (except your blog, well done on the response!) currently? I hope to see you around and I hope you enjoy your time here!

3. phara0h

phara0h New Member

Hi, thanks for your reply and it's lovely to e-meet you! At the moment I'm not working on any major pieces. I'm currently undertaking my first freelance job which is very exciting for me!

4. CrusherBrooks

CrusherBrooks Member Supporter

Welcome welcome! You'll probably have more success (long term) if you post pieces in the workshop, it's set up for giving and receiving critiques and it's always interesting to see what people say about each others' pieces or hone your own critique skills. Have fun!

5. Cnayur

Cnayur Member

Hello Jade, and welcome to the forums. Looking forward to reading what you'll post in the workshops and to hopefully be helpful with that learning process.

6. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, but I'll forewarn you that the link you have in your original post will probably either get edited out by an admin or you will be asked to edit it out. The reason for that is the site does not allow external links to the work for review. There is a specific review section on the forum and a proper way with certain steps in order to reach the ability to have your work critiqued. You should check out the New Member's Start Guide and the Forum Rules.

FYI I'm not a Mod or anything but I thought I would just save you same time! Again welcome to the forum and keep on chugging away!

bonijean2 likes this.