1. Ice

Ice New Member

Intuition in Mystery/Detective Novels

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Ice, Oct 24, 2009.

(It's 1 am, so please excuse the brevity.) Mystery fans/writers: Do you have any recommendations for novels or series, preferably series, that focus on a detective who relies a lot on instinctual/intuitive thought processes—described such that the reader can grasp their essentials even if they aren't logical—rather than pure reason? (Think Sherlock Holmes's antithesis.) I'm getting increasingly attached to the idea of a quirky detective like that and I was hoping to see some mainstream examples, but a zillion Google/B&N/Amazon searches haven't turned up much of interest.

Thanks in advance. *falls asleep at desk*

2. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

YES! The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King.

3. Ice

Ice New Member

God, I love you. :D *flees to Barnes & Noble*

(That's not to say I'm opposed to more suggestions, though. Chime in for free cookies, people. ;))

4. architectus

architectus Banned

Christopher Snow in Fear Nothing and Seize the Night, by Dean Koontz. They are written in first person. Although, Christopher Snow isn't a detective by trade, he is forced to be one as he tries to figure out who killed his father. He relies on intuition to lead him to the next clue and the next . . .