1. arron89

arron89 Banned

Book of the...erm...time being...(Halloween Edition?)

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by arron89, Oct 24, 2009.

Sorry folks, I've been swamped with schoolwork lately, and have exams beginning in 6 days, so I haven't been up to running the book club this month, but just in the mean time I though in honour of Halloween, that most American of holidays, people could maybe recommend/share/discuss their favourite horror stories, novels, films....

And I'll get back to the regular club mid-November. Tell all your friends :D

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

If you haven't ever seen Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, you must. Although it is mild in some ways by today's standards, lacking explicit gore, it was shocking to 1960 moviegoers. It is still a masterpiece, and clearly shows the Master's touch. The famous shower scene remains brilliant to this day.

3. Hollowly

Hollowly Member

I'm going to be reading The Legend of Sleepy Hollow this halloween, aswell as a Simpsons Treehouse of Horror comic (let's hope it's better than this year's tv special). I've already pulled them aside, hopefully I will indeed read them, instead of just hoping to. :redface: