1. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

Irritations and Minor Annoyances Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carmina, Sep 24, 2009.

This is a thread for posting those little things that happen in our daily lives that irritate, annoy, and frustrate us. I don't mean big things that ruin your day or make you cry...and I don't mean pet peeves (general things that bug). I love to complain...so I will start us off.

I am printing the newsletter. This is an 18 page document of which I make 300 copies. They are duplexed and stapled. Today, the copier has decided to not staple the last page in each set. This means that I am going to have to manually go through and staple by hand all the last pages. Just to add insult to injury, the paper tray locks when it runs out of paper. So, I have to manually unstick the tray, add paper, turn off the machine, and restart the print job after doing the math to see how many copies weren't done before the tray jammed. Next phone call...Copy Repair.

2. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Im waiting for the plumber to torn up and fix our toilet.

He said he'll be here in the morning, which in plumber speak means between 8am till 3pm or possibly tomorrow or until i ring and ask for him again.

I hate people i dont know coming into the house and do stuff, it turns my insides, especilly the waiting game.

It isa minor annoyance because well, for now i cant really do anything without having to keep an eye out the window to see if his their, or listen to music.

When his gone, its pary time.

3. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

"Why does it say paper jam when there IS no paper jam?"

Best of luck with that, Mina.

Somebody made French Roast in the Columbian coffee pot. I normally like French Roast, but the brand they have here tastes like a cross between melted plastic and roasted bell peppers.
    Not pleasant.

4. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

My office chair is just barely too wide to fit under the desk.

5. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

I need a video uploaded to youtube, now. Just finished uploading and I have sent the link to someone.

[THIS VIDEO IS BEING PROCESSED]

*head hits desk*

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Why do we need another complaining thread, wen we have a Not Happy thread and a Pet Peeves thread? And yet, we only have one happy thread.

This irritates me.

7. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

My soda is no longer cold. Boooo.

8. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

I kinda have have to agree. I have enough drama in my life as it is...:(

9. Carmina

Sorry. Just a lot of the pet peeves were specific events not really pet peeves...so I thought I would start a thread for those little events and leave pet peeves for what they really are.

10. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

The smell of hay. It's actually an improvement when it comes out the other end.

11. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Agreed, and agreed.

12. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Joel's mom is remodeling her bathroom, and tonight right after we got home from picking up food for dinner, she asked if we would help her paint.

A little while later, right after we finished eating, she came out and was like "oh, thanks for the help," guilt-tripping us because we didn't help.

Ok, first of all, it's your bathroom. Why should we feel obligated to help you with your ridiculously pointless remodeling scheme? Second, we just finished eating. Sorry we didn't go paint with food in one hand and paintbrush in the other. And third, I woke up at the buttcrack of dawn every day last week because you so inconsiderately told the remodeling people they could come whenever they wanted. Sorry if I'm not motivated to help you.

13. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Then why resurrect it for that?

14. Carmina

Why is it that people automatically try to close the door when I have it propped open? I mean...it is open when they get there...they didn't open it. Why they gotta close the door? Even better...I have a door stop preventing it from closing...and they repeating slam the door into the door stop trying to close it without thinking...hm..it won't close...maybe there's a doorstop. I have had at least 6 people try to close the door this morning. Is it so wrong to want fresh air?

15. hiddennovelist

I love it when people ask my opinion about something that's for me, and when I give it to them say "well, I was thinking more along the lines of this..."

Cool. But since it's for me, maybe we should go with my opinion and not yours...

16. gslack

gslack New Member

I love it when im given vague travel times and schedules for work....Thanks for that, love waiting for nothing...

17. hiddennovelist

I have a list of suggested songs to play at wedding receptions, and I'm listening to the ones I'm not familiar with. Every once in a while, I look up a song, click play...and it's a completely different song than it says it is. Gets a little irritating after the first couple times it happens...

18. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

There is so much I need to do and can't. I have to get home and instead I am stuck at my mom's and can't leave, and I was told I would be back home by 5:00 this evening. This is freakin' ridiculous. "sigh"

19. Carmina

One of our church members came in and asked me to type something up for her real fast...it was two pages long...and in German. I don't speak German. Then she left and said she would pick it up later. I don't have time to struggle through her handwriting and foreign language. But, I know she will be pissy when she shows up later and it isn't done. It is SO outside my job description.

20. x_raichelle_x

x_raichelle_x New Member

My husband has just said we can't afford to go for a meal for our anniversary. I already bought him an Xbox game last month (£40.00) & last month I spent £250 on him to go see Oasis, while he took me for a meal & whinged about the cost (£35) even though he got to enjoy the meal aswell.
    Its like, he always comes out with more than I do, but makes me feel bad about it. He whinged about having to buy me a card.
    Being poor. Urgh =[ x