1. MisterOz_GatorLover

MisterOz_GatorLover New Member

Is being the leader of a winning Show Choir a good idea for my female lead to gain..

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by MisterOz_GatorLover, May 19, 2012.

recognition? She is the leader of a Show Choir called Dazzling Vibrations, a show choir that wins the national competition and becomes a symbol of teamwork, dedication, and determination. Almost everyone praises them for this. Is this a good way for my female lead to gain positive recognition and notoriety?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It's as good as your interest and writing skill.

3. indy5live

indy5live Active Member

What's more important in the story, her 'show choir' or the fact that she is nationally recognized? You can easily give someone fame by just telling the reader their impressive resume, but if you want her to be the most notorious choir leader to ever walk this earth, that'll take some convincing beyond just saying so; I'm going to want to know what makes her so great, how she got so great, why is she so much better than the competition, what makes her such a great leader, etc. Also, unless you want the choir to sound like a sex toy I would change the name to something that doesn't mix a sensation with vibration.

4. Oko

Oko New Member

I'd try to gain the effect of fame by having fans pursue her and people generally recognize her in mulitple curcumstances. Maybe you could also increase her fame by showing disaproval from certain people- making it seem like everybody has heard of her, not just fans of choir shows.