1. Dalouise

Dalouise New Member

Is it me, or ....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dalouise, Mar 8, 2009.

... are computers designed to make you feel stupid? :rolleyes:
    My dog destroyed my headphones so I decided to plug in the speakers to my computer. I'm watching the Crufts dogshow online but I don't have sound. Now the speakers each have a jack plug - one is the regular kind, but the other is thicker with a four-sided clip thing (can't describe it any better). I have six jack size holes to choose from to plug them in. I THINK black and grey are for speakers but I have tried every combination - anyway, the bigger sized jack won't go into any of them fully as these bits of metal are in the way. I have gazed at the back of the tower but I simply can't see anything that would take this plug, which is from the "master" speaker (the one that plugs into the power as well).:confused:
    If anyone can make any sense of this, I would be delighted to hear from you - it's Best in Show this evening and I definitely want to hear the commentary for that!

2. Dalouise

Dalouise New Member

Must be me. I had 2 seconds of sound just now, but then I had to check a box and it was back to silence. Apparently the speakers are connected, but no sound...
    Very frustrating. I can't believe that nobody out there can help.:(

3. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

If i could help i would, sorry.

There sould be someone "techy" here.

4. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

Have you tried going to the control panel, maybe there is something that needs checking or something.

Sorry, I'm not techy. Would a hug help? Maybe a cookie?

5. Rykoshet

Rykoshet New Member

By two types of connectors, do you mean one is the black one at the bottom and one is the two at the top? If you have the one at the bottom, take it and plug it into the green jack on your computer.

The bottom one is a 3.5mm jack. Use that for your computer.
    [​IMG]

The green hole. Usually found on the back of the tower, but maybe at the front or top:
    [​IMG]

The top 2 can't be plugged into your computer because they're used for stereo.

[/nerdrage]

Good luck.