1. Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus New Member

Small suggestion...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Hocus Pocus, Feb 23, 2011.

I'm only 12 years of age, so I sometimes think of ideas for stories that I will never get round to writing. I don't know if there is a place where you can post blurbs of stories but if there isn't then I think that could possibly improve the site... Thanks

2. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

Yes, there is a place where people can post their stories. You may post them in the Review Room section, but there is an exception. You must have posted at least two constructive reviews for other people before posting your own writing for analyzing. The Review Room is not intended to share your work with others. In reviewing other's work, saying "the book is good" is not a constructive review. You must explain why the book is good to you, or tell the writer what is wrong with the story. What kind of improvements the writer can need to know to become a better writer? These are types of reviews that writers need to know about their writing. The purpose of the Review Room is to become a better reviewer, and it serves a benefit as finding your own mistakes whenever you find someone else mistake can help you improve your own writing. Another benefit of the review room is that you can set your book to the side if you are tired of editing your own work. You can edit someone else's work and find some errors that you did not notice in your own work. If you have any other questions about the Review room, you may read the "How to Use The Review Room" section of the forums.

In addition to posting stories in the Review Room, you can ask questions in the General Writing section, the Plot Creation Section, Spelling and Grammar section, Publishers' section, Character Development section, and other sections regarding the types of questions you want answered.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

There is no point in posting story ideas, and we actively discourage doing so.

If a story idea moves you, put in the work and write it. You don't need permission or approval or opinions before doing so. Only the finished story can be effectively critiqued, because just about ANY idea can be turned into a good story by a sufficiently skilled writer, or destroyed by an inept writer.

4. ScaryMonster

ScaryMonster Active Member

Everyone here probably has a draw full of idea's they're planning to write, and a lot of people have a half finished books on their hard drives which they haven't touched for weeks (guilty).

Salman Rushdie said it, "authors are those that finish."

Write it in story form post it here and then let us judge it.

ScaryMonster Esq.