1. ToBeInspired

ToBeInspired Senior Member

International Education System Differences

Discussion in 'Research' started by ToBeInspired, May 16, 2016.

Thanks, I'm good now. Feel free to delete this thread.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

Basically, you're suggesting that bringing up children in state institutions is better than allowing parents to do the job.

No matter how bad the parent, it's almost always better than an orphanage; and why would a state-run orphanage be any better than a private one? And a nanny, while a poor substitute for a real parent, will (if it's a good nanny - although they're generally young women with no experience of parenting and only a vague idea of optimal childcare) at least provide some stability for the child that the staff of an orphanage would struggle to give, being a rotating schedule of care-givers.

This is not even looking at the volume of child abuse that occurs in orphanages in general.

I'm also intrigued as to how ...If both parents are inside a "capsule"...the baby gets made in the first place. Or, how the whole economy functions. Or, how the government provides any facilities at all.

3. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

@Shadowfax - I can confirm you're quite right about nannies. It's damn hard to actually find a good one. I tried a new one out and thank God I had a camera in the room and I was only gone for one hour - I watched her interaction with my baby, a nanny who supposedly has 7 years experience doing this as a full-time job - and all she did was sit there. Quite literally. She sat opposite my baby, and every time the baby cried, she would give her a toy. But the nanny didn't interact with the toy - she just plonked the toy in front of my baby while my baby continued to cry and/or stare into space. I told her nicely that I didn't need her anymore after I saw this. 7 years experience my arse.

4. ToBeInspired

Thank you for replying.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  5. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Well, what age group are you looking at? What subject? It seems your question is just a tad too broad.

Also, my guess is you could probably get this info in far better detail by simply googling? Like, no one here could recite the national curriculum of every year of mandatory education, in every subject. And you should really do your own research :ninja:

Getting random syllabuses of various countries is also unlikely to help you. Rather model your educational system after a country of your choice, and then research into that country specifically. If there are aspects that don't fit, then google those aspects to see if some other country might have implemented something similar, etc.

6. ToBeInspired

Please delete.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  7. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Two people answer poorly and you throw in the towel after just 1 day, asserting that you won't get help here or proper answers. Jeebus.

8. ToBeInspired

Throw the towel? I'm more willing to throw a brick into someone's face. This has nothing to do with anything related to this forum, however. Being presented with an onslaught of bad news, working terrible hours, dealing in a very high stress environment, and top it off with razor blades in the candy. I apologize if I came off at all poorly. This has just been a hard week. I just need to take a breather, I'd never give up on this forum that easily.