1. John-Joesph

John-Joesph New Member

Hot Steamy Romance Excerpts

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by John-Joesph, Feb 22, 2016.

Hello Writers Forum I have a favor to ask of those who are reading this thread! I am obsessed with romance novels therefore I am currently working on a website dedicated to steamy romance excerpts.

I have no background in the professional world of writing. I am creating this thread with the intention of learning how I should reach out to authors/writers of self-published works.

What websites do authors of romance novels frequent?

Where could could I meet authors/writers whom create the content I wish to use?

Also if their content is on my website do I need to draw up some sort of contract? My only experience with writing is an academic one. I do believe all I need to do is give attribution.

Would it be appropriate for me to take excerpts I find on the web and place them on my website?

Hey if you are interested in my project and have any questions for me please leave a comment. I am willing to work with anyone who is interested!

2. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

Oh, my, no. Copyright. Copyright, copyright, copyright. You need permission. I find it unlikely that you'll get it.

3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

I could give you excerpts as long as I have some reliable guarantee as to how they are used and that I will be credited. Could, I stress. I'm only considering the possibility. But I do have some excerpts that I'm sure some people would enjoy(not the majority market though, most romance needs to be, you know, heterosexual like most people).

4. John-Joesph

John-Joesph New Member

Thanks for your contribution. I am interested in more information from you on how I could get permission and why it is that writers would be uncooperative.

Thanks for your input. I would love to work with you. I have no intention of stepping on anyone's toes. That is the reason I'm here to find out how to operate so that I do not offend anyone.

For right now, the excerpts will be posted within a blog format. Each novels' excerpts will be its own blog posting. The blog post will contain the attribution-information of the writer/author/copyright-owner.

I am also interested in developing software applications for the content as well. My background is in computer science and I program professionally. I intend on having the excerpts available in the application as well. I want to make sure my plans are okay with the writing community at large before I invest significant time and effort into this endeavor.

5. Oscar Leigh

Sounds potentially good. I'd have to see the exact requirements/protections and ask people about it before I trust you here, as much as I want to throw stuff at you gleefully and scream "Take it! Release my babies unto the world!" :p:p:p If we can work through this, perhaps in the future people can expect to check out your blog for some hot Oscar/Luke action. ;)

6. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Scarlett lay back and moaned as heat spread through her naked body.

"Oh, yes," she moaned, as her toes curled. "Hotter."

Brad spurted a jet of red hot water into the bath. Steam rose into the air.

Scarlett sighed in pleasure. "Oh, Brad. You know just how I like it."

---

You can have that one for free.

matwoolf likes this.
  7. Oscar Leigh

That's cheating. Also, not gay enough. :p

8. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

There's an exception to the copyright rules under "fair use" - this is what allows reviewers, etc. to post excerpts from books into their reviews.

But it sounds like you're not planning on adding a lot of content of your own, just posting other people's work? So I don't see how that would be fair use, really.

That said, there are a lot of self-published authors who are hungry for promo opportunities. If you can convince them this will get them exposure to readers, you may have some luck.

How to reach them? Maybe the Kindle boards? A lot of self-published authors hang out over there.

Oscar Leigh likes this.