Is there a new reply box and font size?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by erebh, Nov 1, 2013.

1. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

right, re the box... and not just for posting huge stories, but even just a sizable post... especially one that has a quoted post at the top, since you then have to keep scrolling up and down, to refer to it as you type your response to its various parts...

as for the yellow box and no tool bar, that's back to normal again, thank goodness...

2. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Glad to see see the original issue's resolved.

@Cogito any specific suggestions?

Worth quoting for anyone with fonts that are too small.

It is weird there was no "Use Rich Text Editor" link. If other people are seeing this please report it.

If you're referring to the ones on your profile page, they should be back now.

I believe there's a setting to adjust how many posts per thread you view. Would it help if you changed this to a shorter number of posts?

3. mammamaia

i can't find any such setting option among the 'preferences' or anywhere else...

but i need to see a whole 'normal' page, and i don't see how shortening the pages would make the 'drag down' arrow be reinstated, anyway... and that's what's badly needed... can't you put it back?

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Yes. Modify the style sheet to increase the base size of fonts, and to use a darker blue and larger font size for some of the control strips, such as the one beneath the post text area (like the one below your post that says "Daniel, 33 minutes ago Report" and "#52 Like Reply Quote"

Also, Times New Roman (I think that's what you are using) is a very cramped font. Other font faces of the same point size are visually "friendlier," and will LOOK larger. Verdana is one possibility.

PS: I also hate it when I click Post Reply, and instead of posting, it just slides the page up a couple lines and leaves the post in edit mode. It has done that several times to me since the upgrade. Fortunately, the draft usually is sitting there the next day for me to try again.

5. mammamaia

grrr!!!

the 'yellow' is back again... and no text options tool bar for either the 'quick reply' or 'more options' reply box...

6. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

@mammamaia any anyone else having to missing posting tools (namely the issue in the screenshot in the beginning of this thread) -

This looked like an odd issue to me so I contacted the Xenforo support forums.

They suggested to try an alternative internet browser and/or clear the cache, and if that doesn't work try disabling any browser extensions. They said if it's limited to a few users (which it is) then it's almost always browser related.