1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Alerts not alerting

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Wreybies, Dec 18, 2014.

@Daniel

I think this minor glitch has popped up in the past, but my alerts are not alerting for some reason. I'm in the forum all the time, so it can't be that they're aging out, at least not in my case. They're just not showing up. o_O

Wrey

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Do you mean not showing up in the menu bar, or not sending you an email notice? I 'liked' your post to test it for you.

My alerts show up but I couldn't vote in a poll yesterday. I'll edit a link into this post. The vote was accepted but refreshing the thread didn't show poll results.

Here's the defective poll thread: https://www.writingforums.org/threads/need-online-partner.136091/#post-1291887

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I meant in the menu bar, up to the right of the main page. The alert for the 'like' you gave my post did show up just now, though. o_O I have my email alerts turned off because it's just too much.

ETA: As I recall the last time this happened, it was also a blip of a glitch. Here today, gone tomorrow.

4. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

I've got the same (or a similar) problem. Sometimes it seems that threads I watch simply stops sending me notifications when there are new posts. A couple of examples of threads where this has happened are the Happiness Thread and the 2nd annual sci-fi contest thread. It also seems like I don't get alerts from @-mentions any more, which can be quite annoying.

5. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

I get alerts sometimes, but not all the time. Haven't been able to figure out a pattern to it.